Ever thought that there ought to be some sort of guide on hiring? No one truly prepares you for the responsibilities you will undertake after finding a good candidate. You’ve made the right hire, but now what? Blue Signal might have your solution! Read on for a comprehensive new hire checklist that can help take the guesswork out of the first 90 days. If you’re more of the visual learning type, follow the link below to download the infographic and get back to what’s most important - securing top talent!
Before They Start
Get ahead and prepare.
- Prepare a list of expectations for the role.
- Re-evaluate your current on-boarding process by getting feedback from staff.
- Gather essential items and equipment - set up computers and download relevant software.
On the First Day
Assimilate them into company culture.
- Have everyone meet the new staff member.
- Get them acquainted with their team and management.
- Arrange a team lunch.
- Ensure they have all relevant paperwork complete.
- Ensure their workstation is functioning properly.
The First Week on the Job
Get them acquainted with the role and business.
- Begin the job training.
- Wrap up every day with an end of day review, encouraging them to ask questions.
- Give them an assignment they can do on their own. Use this to gauge how their work ethic will be moving forward.
Throughout the First Month
Ramp them up to meet their goals.
- Check in to review their progress towards goals and team cohesion.
- Gradually increase their responsibilities.
- Do a deep dive into big picture business goals, and explain how each department and role plays into it.
- Give them all relevant materials and reference documents.
The First 90 Days
Gauging performance and success.
- Schedule out monthly check-ins to give a forum to ask questions and measure progress.
- Check up on larger projects.
- Hand off several projects at once and see how they manage time and prioritize tasks.
- Get feedback on the on-boarding process.
After 90 Days
Evaluate their fit by measuring progress via numbers and the team feedback.
More about Blue Signal:
Blue Signal was founded in Chicago in 2012, and since then, has grown into a multimillion-dollar executive placement firm with offices in the Phoenix and Chicago areas. Blue Signal has established itself as the premier executive search firm within wireless/telecom, IoT, cloud and managed services, medical & healthcare, manufacturing, emerging technology, and related industry niches.
At Blue Signal, we know that talent is a business’ best asset - and we are skilled in finding the exact professionals you need to reach your goals. Our targeted, specialized searches deliver highly qualified professionals to meet every hiring need. With over 120 combined years of recruiting experience, we can help your company find the right people for every unique company culture and industry niche. Our team works with both job seeking candidates and talent seeking hiring managers to find the perfect fit. Contact us today to explore your options, and jumpstart your team toward success.