Our client has an impressive industry reputation based on quality customer service, attention to detail, and a high commitment to ethics.
The Procurement Specialist role is integral to the operational success of their organization, playing a crucial role in supporting the procurement function and optimizing the efficiency of their manufacturing operations. In this dynamic position, you will be at the forefront of sourcing and managing raw materials essential for their product development and manufacturing processes.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary, plus comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental, 401(k) match, and annual performance bonuses.
• Dynamic career progression opportunities within a company known for its significant community impact and commitment to ethical, fair business practices.
• Work in a culture celebrated for high standards of honesty, integrity, and respect, recognized by Newsweek and Fortune Magazine for its outstanding workplace environment.
• Engaging mentorship and development programs, including tuition assistance and company-sponsored training resources.
• Generous wellness support including medical coverage, on-site wellness centers, gym reimbursements, and an Employee Assistance Program.
• Identify and source new raw materials within specified parameters to facilitate the evaluation and trial of materials by the CD&D team during the new product development process.
• Ensure data integrity by compiling essential information from suppliers, including quotes, price breaks, specifications, and quality documents, and maintaining accessible records.
• Assist the Procurement Manager with periodic procurement tasks such as supplier performance reviews, benchmarking exercises, and cost analysis.
• Communicate effectively with suppliers to establish rapport and ensure compliance with company policies, procedures, and expectations.
• Provide cross-functional support by liaising with the Quality department to address and resolve quality issues and collaborating with the Commercial team, Planning, and Operations to project future procurement needs and mitigate risks.
• Implement new processes/systems to support departmental goals and projects, managing workflow, scheduling, tracking, and change management.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree, preferably in supply chain management, technical, or product management, or equivalent experience.
• 1-2 years of experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment (nutraceutical or food industry preferred) or procurement role.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with interpersonal abilities.
• Proficiency in organization, time management, and data entry, coupled with a strong work ethic and drive for success.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team with strong attention to detail.
• Proficient in computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office; familiarity with ERP systems is advantageous.
• Knowledge of relevant markets and industries preferred.