Upgrade your resume prior to applying with resumeandcareerservices.com.
Our client is a regulated non-profit utility company that provides safe, clean, and reliable energy services to better the lives of the people it serves. To date, they have serviced electricity and water to over 15,000 homes that previously did not have access. They are seeking to hire a Corporate Attorney for the company.
This role is focused on providing comprehensive legal services, ensuring regulatory compliance, and offering strategic advice on various legal matters. The ideal candidate will adeptly handle complex legal issues, contribute to policy development, and represent the organization in diverse legal settings.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus an incredible benefits package including medical/dental/vision, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement and more.
• Employee assistance, including daycare services and counseling.
• Company ranked as a Top Workplace with a tight knit, engaging culture.
• Culture of integrity, high performance, and innovative ideas.
• Commitment to diversity and inclusivity across all they do.
• Innovative work environment with access to top-rated and newest technologies.
• Offer legal counsel on a variety of complex issues related to utilities and telecommunications.
• Draft, review, and negotiate a range of legal documents including contracts and agreements.
• Represent the client in legal proceedings and manage litigation in different jurisdictions.
• Conduct thorough legal research and provide written and oral legal opinions.
• Develop and review organizational policies and procedures in line with legal requirements.
• Identify legal risks and formulate strategies to effectively manage them.
• Stay updated with laws and regulations pertinent to public utilities and telecommunications sectors.
• Undertake special legal projects and report on progress to senior legal advisors.
• Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school and valid state driver’s license required.
• Active membership in a state bar association, with the ability to acquire specific state bar admissions as needed.
• 5+ years of legal practice, preferably in utility law or a related government sector.
• Proficient in understanding and applying regulatory compliance in public utilities and telecommunications.
• Strong skills in legal research, writing, and managing civil law cases in various legal forums.
• Excellent organizational and analytical abilities, with effective communication skills.
• Independent working capability, with a talent for decisive judgment and multitasking under tight deadlines.
About Blue Signal:
Blue Signal is an award-winning, executive search firm specializing in nonprofit recruiting. Our nonprofit recruiters have expertise in placing top talent in areas such as executive leadership, fundraising, and program management. Learn more at bit.ly/42VpDa4