Upgrade your resume prior to applying with resumeandcareerservices.com.
Our client is an experienced leader in IT space. Backed by impressive industry success, they offer a range of innovative, cloud-based business solutions and services and disaster recovery plans to companies, on a global scale.
They are hiring a Data Center Engineer to oversee the operation, maintenance, repair, and overall physical condition of the data center, ensuring compliance with all customer SLAs and industry best practices.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary and full benefits package including health/vision/dental insurance and flexible PTO plan.
• Excellent leadership, focused on innovation and staying ahead of the technology curve.
• Strong advancement potential; company has a culture of promoting internally from their own organization.
• Customer service centric, with proven retention success.
• Strong financial stability and backed by years of growth and success.
• Close-knit culture of a small company, with the perks and industry reach of a large company.
• Opportunity to develop niche industry knowledge within UCaaS/cloud technology.
• Monitor the building’s regulations, electrical, network, and mechanical systems, including HVAC systems.
• Troubleshoot any issues that arise with site mechanical and electrical systems, specifically HVAC systems.
• Perform rounds/inspections efficiently and detect anomalies during those rounds.
• Manage projects and support the NOC to perform required work within the DC environment.
• Produce periodic status reports on utilization, progress, downtime, performance, and costs.
• Manage spare part inventory, including shipping parts to remote data center locations.
• Ensure all guests while working in the data center operate within the published operating procedures and guidelines.
• Provide weekly reports and KPIs to top management and host weekly staff meetings.
• Management of multiple vendors & associated equipment, applications, and operating systems with different contracts, warranties, processes, licenses, and processes.
• Manage cost and reduce budget, where resources are procured based on “best-cost.”
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
• 5+ years of experience in data center operations.
• Experience with executing site-specific MOPs, SOPs, and EOPs.
• Knowledge of building monitoring system (BMS) alarm functionality, alarm escalation/acknowledgment, and ability to extract data and trends.
• Demonstrated project management skills.
• Experience with managing multiple vendors and associated equipment, applications, and operating systems.
• Working knowledge of HVAC systems and troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to produce periodic status reports on utilization, progress, downtime, performance, and costs.
• Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
About Blue Signal:
Blue Signal is an award-winning, executive search firm specializing in IT recruiting. Our IT recruiting team has expertise placing qualified candidates in software, cybersecurity, and emerging technology roles nationwide. Learn more at bit.ly/42QQPqi