VP of Sales Engineering – LAN/WAN, LTE, Networking
Number of Openings:
Our client is a major telecommunications company providing connectivity solutions such as networking, LTE, cloud, CBRS, SD-WAN and WAN/LAN. They are hiring a Vice President of Sales Engineering to manage the sales engineering support for wireless communication technology sales.
The VP of Sales Engineering will manage the engineering side of a high-growth sales team. The person in this position will direct the overall technical strategy of the sales engineering department. They will guide a team of top sales engineers to design tailored customer solutions for mobility solutions.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus commission based on individual and team performance.
- Strong investor backing from international communications provider.
- Opportunity to hire, train, and oversee team of pre-sales engineers to sell within enterprise market on a large scale.
- Involvement in cutting-edge connectivity solutions.
- National impact with leading technology in mobility and in-building offerings.
- Strong company reputation for outstanding project delivery.
- Highly successful history of expansion and strong financial standing.
- Forefront of company with report directly to CEO.
- Lead a team of pre-sales engineers and guide their path to achieve the company’s end sales goals in direct competition with other offerings. Formulate and encourage competitive strategy.
- Accompany senior sales engineers for top-level deals; supervise high-level demonstrations and installations.
- Monitor marketplace and forecast new opportunities to present to team. Focus on large-venue, in-building solutions.
- Develop strong business relationships with top customers and partners.
- Work cross-functionally as technical advisor for company’s service offerings.
- Submit feedback to management for technical improvements and qualify customer feedback into actionable changes.
- 12+ years of industry experience in pre-sales, especially as a manager or team lead to enterprise and partner accounts.
- Proven track record of success in the space. Relationships with large venue/commercial real estate owners a plus.
- Ability to find, qualify, hire, train and lead team of sales engineers to support sales goals. Instill competitive drive into team to outperform the competition.
- Technical background in mobility solutions and related technology; up to date on market trends.
- Understanding of the architecture, operations, and solutions of the following wireless communication technology:
- LTE and CBRS
- Cloud architecture
- IP networks (LAN/WAN)
- Strong communication, negotiation, and presentation skills. Ability to comfortably and effectively interface with customer.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in electrical engineering or a technical field.