Strategic Sourcing Manager – IT, Professional Services
Number of Openings:
Our client is a global leader in their field and employees over 10,000 people globally. They are hiring a Strategic Sourcing Manager to develop and implement long-term strategies for IT and professional services in alignment with business goals.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager will be responsible for ensuring maximum cost-savings and adequate compliance in regards to outsourcing business processes and IT services. They will focus on optimizing internal resources and facilitating external partnerships to maximize opportunities for process improvement.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary, plus medical/dental/vision, 401(k) match, and generous vacation plan.
- Excellent work-life balance.
- Strong potential for promotion.
- Strong record of corporate responsibility, employee safety, and employee care.
- Many career advancement paths and support for training and certifications.
- Large pool of financial resources and software tools.
- Access to upper management and high degree of influence over business processes.
- Strong portfolio of hand-picked customers.
- Multiple career advancement paths: can develop niche skills or move upward into management.
- Very high average employee tenure.
- Opportunity to develop business unit and potential to grow and lead own team.
- Evaluate the market outlook and climate to determine opportunity for company to achieve goals. Set and monitor progress of goals through key metrics.
- Train and mentor junior team members on negotiation processes. Communicate to team overall strategy to warrant seamless application and execution.
- Be point of contact and subject matter expert for price, quality, service and terms negotiations.
- Monitor the implementation of sourcing strategies and contract compliance and participate in the resolution of any constraints or issues.
- Analyze findings, compile metrics, collect quotes, and present recommendations to suppliers, internal customers, and appropriate stakeholders. Foster key relationships.
- Maintain knowledge of relevant laws, risk policies, and regulations. Work with internal compliance team to ensure proper practices.
- Work on the definition and resolution of known or anticipated problems in value; quality; feasibility and specifications in the procurement of IT and other professional services while contributing cost savings.
- Coordinate partnerships with suppliers and other value-added activities to support company needs and expectations. Proactively seek and lead innovative ways to improve the procurement processes; cycle times; and service levels.
- 8+ years of experience in cost/benefit analysis and sourcing functions.
- 6+ years of global purchasing experience. Understanding of pricing structures.
- Consultative background a must. Must be able to consult on projects, pricing structures, plan sourcing, and deliver solutions.
- Leadership experience a plus. Must be able to communicate strategy to a variety of audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required. Master’s a plus.
- Understanding of contract law, compliance, and risk.
- Knowledge of business process outsourcing and applicable IT functions. Ability to find solutions to business inefficiencies and create strategy for implementation.
- Proven ability to negotiate terms and conditions of business contracts.
- Strong communication skills and ability to develop creative solutions to business challenges.