Senior HR Manager
Number of Openings:
Our client is a national manufacturer of consumer packaging with a team of over 2,000 located in several locations across the United States. They are adding an HR Manager to their human resources team to oversee payroll, processes, scheduling, benefits administration, and more.
The HR Manager will be responsible for the company’s most important asset: its employees. They balance the company’s growth with compliance. In addition to generalist activities such as payroll and benefits administration, they will also be instrumental in health and safety programs.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary, plus a comprehensive benefits plan, including medical/dental/vision, 401(k) match, annual performance bonus, and other perks.
- Culture of mentorship and promotion.
- Excellent work-life balance.
- Strong record of corporate responsibility, employee safety, and employee care.
- Many career advancement paths and support for training and certifications.
- Opportunity to develop relevant and in-demand skills in a growing industry.
- Industry experience in a stable, multibillion-dollar company.
- Team of capable, experienced, and seasoned professionals at the top of their industry.
- Very high average employee tenure.
- Oversee HR database, including schedules, attendance calendar, time records, and more.
- Manage payroll processes and procedures. Administer benefits, including health/ACA, dental, vision, life, disability, long-term care, FMLA, 401(K) program, and more.
- Conduct audits to ensure compliance with corporate policies, employment law, and related regulations.
- Assist managers with civic communications. Provide insight into company culture standards and best-practice material procedures. Oversee plant tours.
- Occasionally recruit, interview, and onboard new employees across a range of departments and seniority levels.
- Respond to government surveys and requests for information.
- Assist with events planning and employee recognition programs.
- 10+ years of progressive HR experience at a large company. Strong generalist experience in benefits administration, payroll, compliance, workers compensation, and onboarding.
- Extensive experience in benefits administration. Understanding of grievances, collective bargaining agreements, and more.
- Background in union compliance required.
- Strong proficiency in:
- Microsoft Excel (including large data sets, pivot tables, v-lookups, and custom formulas)
- Microsoft Word (managing templates, developing documents, etc.)
- Experience with HR software, such as Hiredesk, HRIS, and Oracle.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Understanding of compliance law, including:
- Paid leave laws
- FMLA and FLSA
- Hazardous wastes handling
- Prior experience conducting internal audits and monitoring internal controls.
- Strong communication skills and ability to develop creative solutions to interpersonal challenges.
- Certifications such as SHRM-CP, SPHR, or PHR are a strong plus.