Litigation Counsel – Risk Management
Number of Openings:
Our client is a major telecommunications company with a global footprint and an excellent industry reputation. They are hiring a licensed attorney to act as Litigation Counsel for claims brought against the company involving subpoenas, third parties, and investigations.
As Litigation Counsel, this person will leverage their deep understanding of regulations governing business operations in the US to provide legal expertise and advice for a range of business activities. This can include municipal and national regulations, land disputes, vendor agreements, contracts, taxation, licensing, updating of required regulatory reports, and preparation of litigation reports.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus annual bonus. Benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, company 401(K) match, life & disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, and flexible hours.
- Company will fund industry certifications and advanced skills training.
- Strong pipeline of support with state-of-the-art technical resources.
- Global Fortune 2000 company - huge pool of resources and budget.
- Flexible career advancement options.
- Company culture of transparency.
- Market leader with a commitment to expanding and growing.
- Strong company reputation for outstanding project delivery.
- Highly successful history of expansion and strong financial standing.
- Over 5,000 enterprise customers and many major channel partners.
- Advise on commercial disputes, preparing strategy and rebuttals.
- Work with insurance companies on claims and ensure proper coverage and compliance.
- Assist with contract negotiation, including contract law, international regulatory compliance, anti-trust laws, and related corporate law.
- As part of the legal team, compile necessary litigation, jurisdictional approval, and permits. Attend select jurisdictional hearings and trials as needed.
- Identify risks and implement effective risk mitigation strategies, including forecasting of budget, legal/permitting costs, and regulatory hurdles.
- Facilitate communication with vendors, internal teams, executive management, end customers, and contracting teams.
- Assist human resources team with compliance to company’s Code of Conduct, internal investigations and whistleblower cases.
- Correspond with debtors, manage collection agencies, create repayment plans, and draft settlement agreements in an effort to assist internal finance team.
- Report regularly to senior management and assist with preparation of litigation documents and reports to municipal, federal, and international bodies.
- Provide legal advice as necessary to internal groups.
- 6+ years of experience providing litigation services for a US telecom carrier, major international IT company, or a law firm specializing in international regulatory compliance.
- 10+ years in post-qualification experience.
- Background in leading a counsel team and/or other legal personnel a plus.
- Up to date knowledge of the telecom industry’s legal and regulatory environment. Including but not limited to:
- The sale of data and voice services
- Insurance policies
- Licensing requirements
- Specialized knowledge of licensing regulations for IT, telecom, and communications.
- Understanding of contract law, especially international.
- Bachelor’s degree plus juris doctor (JD), and active state licensure.
- Familiarity with telecom/IT services and solutions.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.