Number of Openings:
Relocation package available.
Our client manufactures food products that are distributed globally. They are hiring an Automation Manager to streamline the manufacturing processes for multiple plants, each producing a variety of goods.
The Automation Manager develops standards and processes for a range of controllers and PLC platforms. They will identify opportunities to automate manual processes, drive improvements, and update legacy applications.
This person will review and document systems and create performance metrics. The candidate must be able to recognize inefficiencies in plant operations, develop plans to improve, perform cost savings analysis, and implement their solutions. They will use their knowledge of automation to gain efficiencies and reduce costs in facility operations.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary, plus comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental, 401(k) match, and annual performance bonuses.
- Lean, efficient manufacturing environment.
- High degree of freedom to refine operational and manufacturing processes.
- Multiple career advancement paths.
- Large pool of financial resources and software tools.
- Culture of high quality.
- Support and funding for industry certifications and skills development.
- Company leadership is open to new ideas and expansion, including product line expansion and international markets.
- Develop and roll out automation plans and process standards across multiple manufacturing sites.
- Migrate legacy manufacturing software/controls to new PLCs. Program new controllers and troubleshoot for problems.
- Automate manual processes and improve efficiency. Assist with end user training.
- Work with engineering and manufacturing teams to develop fixes for workflow problems and recurring issues.
- Oversee a team of direct reports, delivering performance reviews and training as needed.
- Support high quality and safety standards within manufacturing plants and distribution.
- Identify inefficiencies and analyze root cause and solutions.
- 6+ years of experience in an industrial manufacturing environment, ideally within pharmaceuticals, beverage, or food products.
- Strong PLC (programmable logic controller) technical understanding, including some or all of the following:
- Competence in SCADA systems such as:
- Plant Pax
- Management experience of a team of direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or a related field.
- Good skills in teamwork, strategy, and communication.
- Some travel.