Our client is a global leader in hotel management that is looking to develop and oversee a surf n turf fine dining experience on the beachfront in San Diego. Their brand is the epitome of luxury and it’s delivered with a passion for service. They are looking for someone with the right background and shared enthusiasm for culinary perfection to join their team.
The Restaurant GM will focus on guest experience and service standards. As an expert in fine dining excellence, they will support various programs, the company’s mission, and ensure their continued accreditation among service standard issuing entities.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus comprehensive benefits package.
• Opportunity to work on an exciting, newly developed concept within one of the most stable and well-known companies in the industry.
• Company culture surrounding service excellence.
• Global networking opportunity, with colleagues connected globally.
• Learn from the best in the industry within a role with high visibility.
• International company with a community-based focus.
• Oversee restaurant operations within all areas including food preparation, food service, cash handling, sales, and customer interaction.
• Create a guest experience-geared operation within the restaurant through grace, positivity, professionalism, efficiency, patience, and expert knowledge.
• Lead team of restaurant staff in this vision of a service-oriented culture.
• Adhere to company’s service philosophies and ensure adherence to service standards set by Zagat, Gayot, Mobil, AAA, San Francisco Chronicle, Wine Spectator, James Beard Foundation, Michelin, and other accreditors.
• Work with management team to communicate policies, programs, goals, and guidelines to staff. Implement changes within training processes as needed.
• Become the SME on all restaurant policies and operations while continually representing the restaurant in all aspects.
• 5+ years of experience in hospitality.
• Experience opening a specialty, fine dining restaurant with knowledge of its management and operations.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher and sommelier certification preferred. Demonstratable expertise in food, wine, and bar knowledge a must.
• Must be food safety certified.
• Familiarity with standard POS and payroll systems.
• Exceptional communication, leadership, and organizational skills with a positive attitude and a passion for service.