SUE Field Technician
Los Angeles, CA
Number of Openings:
Our client is an international leader in engineering services and consulting projects. Their team of engineering experts delivers engineering designs, planning, environmental studies, feasibility studies, project management, construction management, and more. They are hiring a SUE Field Technician to support the subsurface utility engineering team.
The SUE Field Technician will focus on projects related underground utilities as part of a team of engineers, designers, vendors, and surveyors. They will run tests, find underground utility layouts, and work with construction documents.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus annual performance bonuses. Benefits include PTO, medical/dental/vision, 401(K) match, and life/disability insurance.
- Stable, respected company with high employee tenure.
- High commitment to employee safety.
- Growing market and business-friendly local governments.
- Advancement opportunities: tuition reimbursement, skills training, and more.
- Company consistently wins bids for landmark projects.
- Employees have the resources to develop new skills and industry knowledge.
- Executive management is committed to providing engineering team with best and newest tools and engineering software.
- Locate subsurface utilities (water, power, sewer, and more) using ground-penetrating radar and multi-frequency scanning tools.
- Comply with zoning, right of way laws, and public utility agencies.
- Make field sketches, layouts, and other documentation. Submit reports to management.
- Assist with excavations, including vacuum excavations.
- Develop specialized knowledge in utilities and public infrastructure.
- Work with engineering team, project manager, and construction team.
- Industry experience in subsurface utilities engineering (SUE) for the civil engineering or construction industries.
- Familiarity with field surveyor drawings, utilities, and right-of-way procedures.
- Able to interpret utility layout drawings and designs.
- Proficiency with SUE tools, including ground-penetrating radar and multi-frequency scanners.
- Management experience of construction teams is a strong plus.
- Travel up to 50%.