Sr. Java Software Engineer (IoT, Cloud)
Number of Openings:
Our client leads innovation in the IoT space. Their solutions include embedded wireless modules, network architecture, and connectivity solutions. They are hiring a Sr. Java Software Engineer to work on a proprietary IoT platform for an intelligent ecosystem of IoT devices and public infrastructure.
The Sr. Java Software Engineer will primarily develop Java components within the platform that will handle IoT data analytics, messaging, sensor data, and micro-services. This person will have a high level of control over the scope and features within the platform.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus performance bonuses. Benefits include medical/dental/vision, 401(K) match, and more.
- Opportunity to build software for the highly competitive IoT space.
- Highly experienced leadership and a culture of mentorship and innovation.
- Stable company with over 10 years of experience delivering advanced software
- High level of control over project goals, process, and software platform features.
- Extensive company experience in project design, engineering, and integration.
- Opportunity to get in at the ground level in a project with heavy funding.
- Design scalable cloud-based applications in Java for a new IoT platform, to be used for IoT data analytics, reporting, and smart device management.
- Develop in an AWS, IoT, and cloud-based environment.
- Build responsive RESTful web services with Spring framework and MySQL or NoSQL databases.
- Design scalable multithreaded client/server applications.
- Develop SOAP messaging frameworks communicate over HTTP.
- Conduct testing, system-level testing, debugging, and deployment of applications.
- Assist in defining project goals, and act as a technical resource for product managers.
- 6+ years of software development experience, with recent experience in the IoT/M2M space.
- Technical stack:
- MySQL or NoSQL databases
- SOAP / XML / HTTP messaging frameworks
- RESTful web services
- Apache Maven. Other Apache tools are a plus.
- Spring (Boot/Cloud)
- Automation tools (e.g. Ansible, Jenkins)
- Understanding of multitier architecture (n-tier architecture).
- Exposure to low-power IoT devices, advanced modules, cloud-native applications, and emerging technologies is a plus.