Sr. IoT Solutions Engineer (Device-to-Cloud)
Number of Openings:
Our client leads innovation in the IoT space. Their solutions include embedded wireless modules, network architecture, and connectivity solutions. They are hiring a Senior IoT Solutions Engineer to build software solutions for large-scale platforms to connect devices to the cloud.
The Senior IoT Solutions Engineer will focus on cloud software design and performance testing for connectivity networks. This person is at the center of the core engineering group and will have a high level of control over project scopes and features. Their work will be used by in several verticals for IoT devices and cloud connected devices.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus performance bonuses. Benefits include medical/dental/vision, 401(K) match, and more.
- Opportunity to build software for the highly competitive IoT space.
- Highly experienced leadership and a culture of mentorship and innovation.
- Stable company with over 10 years of experience delivering advanced software solutions.
- High level of control over project goals, process, and software platform features.
- Extensive company experience in project design, engineering, and smart technology integration.
- Opportunity to get in at the ground level in a project with heavy funding.
- Design scalable cloud-based applications for a new IoT platform, to be used for IoT data analytics, reporting, and smart device management.
- Develop in an AWS, IoT, and cloud-based environment.
- Build responsive RESTful web services with Spring framework and MySQL or NoSQL databases.
- Give feedback on design for IoT solutions in the platform.
- Work with experienced system architecture team to brainstorm solutions and deploy finalized platform for device-to-cloud.
- Conduct testing, system-level testing, debugging, and deployment of applications.
- Assist in defining project goals, and act as a technical resource for product managers.
- 5+ years of software development experience, with recent experience in the IoT/cloud space.
- Must have experience in full lifecycle deployment of large software systems.
- Background in software design and performance testing.
- Experience leading effort in cloud platform development.
- Technical stack:
- MySQL or NoSQL databases
- Automation tools
- Understanding of smart device architecture.
- Exposure to low-power IoT devices, advanced modules, cloud-native applications, and emerging technologies is a plus.
- Other languages (C, C++, or Python) are a plus but not required.
- Degree in computer science or a related field.