Sr. DAS Field Engineer
Number of Openings:
Our client is a leading systems integrator providing wireless deployment services for in-building DAS, small cells, and enterprise-grade WiFi networks. Their highly-rated scalable network solutions meet the huge demand for top-quality wireless coverage in large offices buildings, airports, hospitals, stadiums, military projects, and convention centers. They are hiring a Sr. DAS Field Engineer to support the field installation team within a leading market region.
The Sr. DAS Field Manager will work extensively with equipment from major OEMs, including Corning, CommScope, ADRF, and SOLiD. Their work will focus on hands-on design, testing, and overall site development.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary, and performance bonus, plus full benefits package (medical/life insurance, 401(K) match, and more).
- Career advancement and employee continuing skill development opportunities.
- Flexible work schedule and family-oriented culture.
- High employee tenure and a small, tight-knit team environment with a management culture that is highly receptive to feedback.
- Excellent career advancement program and culture of mentorship and internal promotion.
- Opportunity for advanced skills development, including training, certification programs, and tuition reimbursement.
- Company is approved by all major US carriers and has many clients within large commercial venues, hospitals, airports, schools, and the public sector.
- Opportunity to work on many different types of projects, including small cell and DAS, field testing, design, construction, performance testing, surveys, and more.
- Exposure to in-demand technologies in the fast-growing wireless market: small cell, DAS, WCDMA, LTE-U, LTE-A, 5G, and more.
- Analyze, commission, configure, test, and troubleshoot DAS for public and private sector customers.
- Create and interpret designs in iBwave. Work with PMs and design team to complete system changes and upgrades.
- Manage project schedules and timelines for multiple projects. Act as the top technical person of a team DAS Technicians.
- Conduct site surveys and test systems using spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, signal generator, power meter, and more. Collect measurements for sweep, fiber, and PIM testing.
- Conduct CW testing, OTDR testing, and fiber optic testing as needed.
- Maintain DAS equipment according to industry performance standards.
- 7+ years of experience in RF/DAS and in-building wireless systems, including installation, troubleshooting, and overall site development.
- Must have experience in project management, including site selection, design, and integration.
- Experience training and leading team of DAS Technicians required.
- Technical proficiency in the following areas:
- DAS OEM equipment
- Cable (coaxial, fiber optic, CAT 5)
- RF test and propagation tools
- Continuous wave / CW testing
- Passive intermodulation / PIM testing
- Fusion splicing
- Fiber optic testing
- Understanding of UMTS, GSM, and LTE standards.
- Understanding of building code standards and how to do installations that meet code requirements.
- Industry OEM certifications, such as Anritsu, Corning, or EXFO, are a plus.
- iBwave certification (Level I or Level II).