Senior Technician – Wireless Towers, RF/DAS Networks
Number of Openings:
Our client is a leading systems integrator providing wireless deployment services for in-building DAS, small cells, and enterprise-grade WiFi networks. Their highly-rated scalable network solutions meet the huge demand for top-quality wireless coverage in large offices buildings, airports, hospitals, stadiums, military projects, and convention centers. They are hiring a Senior Technician to assure successful wireless project completion alongside the Foreman. The Senior Technician is a newly created position with strong executive support and significant opportunity to grow and advance quickly.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary, and performance bonus, plus full benefits package (medical/life insurance, 401(K) match, and more).
- Career advancement and employee continuing skill development opportunities.
- Flexible work schedule and family-oriented culture.
- High employee tenure and a small, tight-knit team environment with a management culture that is highly receptive to feedback.
- Excellent career advancement program and culture of mentorship and internal promotion.
- Opportunity for advanced skills development, including training, certification programs, and tuition reimbursement.
- Company is approved by all major US carriers and has many clients within large commercial venues, hospitals, airports, schools, and the public sector.
- Opportunity to work on many different types of projects, including small cell and DAS, field testing, design, construction, performance testing, surveys, and more.
- Exposure to in-demand technologies in the fast-growing wireless market: small cell, DAS, WCDMA, LTE-U, LTE-A, 5G, and more.
- Test, troubleshoot, and maintain RF/DAS wireless networks in tower capacity.
- Conduct RF testing using spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, signal generator, power meter, and more.
- Work with project manager to complete system changes and upgrades.
- Collect PIM (passive intermodulation) measurements and data.
- Keep tabs on safety issues, OSHA, and injury risks.
- Read design specifications, compile materials, and perform antenna installations.
- Conduct TEMS drive testing data review and collection.
- Prepare spec sheets, reports, and technical documentation.
- 3+ years of experience in a technician role, testing and monitoring networks.
- Understanding of RF equipment and networks.
- Must be experienced in line and antenna system installation and maintenance.
- OSHA and climbing safety training required.
- Understanding of UMTS, GSM, and LTE standards.
- Experience with the following:
- New site construction
- Technical proficiency in PIM testing, TEMS drive test equipment, and RF propagation tools/spectrum analyzers a plus.
- Experience with DAS equipment, such as CommScope, Powerwave, SOLiD, or JMA, is a strong plus.
- Some travel to client sites.