Senior IC Design Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
Number of Openings:
Our client solves real-world communications challenges with market-leading electronics and wireless products. Their solutions are internationally renowned within commercial electronics, DAS in-building, signal processing, cellular, 4G/LTE/5G communications equipment, HetNet, wireless, and RF systems. They are hiring a Senior IC Design Engineer with expertise in developing design, simulation, and design of blocks for analog devices.
The Senior IC Design Engineer will form part of a tightly knit multi-disciplinary team to design and develop block level design. This person will guide layout, testing, and overall strategy. They will support the team’s design activities and act as a top contributor to major new products.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus comprehensive benefits package, including medical/life coverage, 401(K) match, profit-sharing, performance bonuses, and more.
- Engineer-centric work environment within a small, high-performing team with a legacy of success in their R&D projects.
- High commitment to quality – company never underfunds its products.
- Company is profitable with a culture of reinvesting in their employees.
- Excellent industry reputation; company powers the world’s biggest manufacturers.
- Strong, stable company with legacy of building high-grade wireless components and equipment.
- Great learning environment, hands-off management with support when you need it
- High level of influence within the engineering team, with direct access to CTO and individual recognition for contributions.
- Strong support for employee development, including skills development, support for side projects, and continuing education opportunities.
- Oversee block design, AC performance from concept to hand-off.
- Assist in defining project goals, and act as a technical resource.
- Conduct lab analysis, system testing, debugging, and issue tracking. Coordinate with existing specifications.
- Develop and execute rigorous verification/validation testing strategy to ensure a high level of product integrity and safety.
- Work independently and with high-performing team and of mask designers to guide layout.
- Document all steps in process thoroughly and repeatably.
- Ensure products comply with regulatory requirements.
- 7+ years of experience in mixed signal/analog design, including heavy experience in ASIC, IC and advanced CMOS.
- Strong analog background – highly technical understanding.
- MSc/PhD EE in the areas of design of high-performance analog/mixed-signal ICs.
- Strong skills in design, verification, and testing.
- Proficiency with design and simulation software, including Spectre and Cadence Virtuoso.
- Technical understanding of:
- Circuit concepts
- High speed CMOS
- PCBs and electronics schematics
- Understanding of design standards and industry best practices for circuits.
- Experience in supporting production test design and development.
- Ability to design between 5-10Ghz CMOS circuits.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.