Blue Signal Search
Our client is an important part of the public safety system, offering users connectivity through wireless network, broadband, and Wi-Fi. They are hiring a Senior Accountant to support accounting and tax activities within the company. This person will participate in a thriving, experienced accounting team.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for delivering sound financial advice and setting goals for the accounting team’s activities. As a team, they will be fully responsible for monthly close activities, quarterly analysis, financial reporting, budget setting, and related accounting activities. As an individual contributor, they will be working with outside tax advisors to support tax projects.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus generous benefits including PTO, insurance coverage, and more.
• Stability within an essential services company.
• Central role within a key team, involved in discussions with senior leadership for budgeting, financial planning, strategy, expansion, and other crucial business decisions.
• Opportunity within the exciting and growing wireless industry.
• Strong mentorship, training, and career advancement opportunities from senior colleagues.
• Extensive support resources and tools.
• Work with external tax advisors to make payments, manage extensions, file returns, and other tax projects as needed.
• Help prepare AR and review with GL for compliance with GAAP, internal controls, and other regulations.
• Oversee financial planning activities, including forecasting, analysis, budget setting, and reconciliation.
• Conduct quarterly analysis and related financial reporting. Build financial models and forecasts. Analyze financial statements, supporting schedules, and yields.
• Present financial analysis to executive management with recommended actions.
• Ensure compliance with GAAP, company policies, and all legal procedures.
• Complete audits, identifying and correcting outstanding errors, compliance issues, and inefficiencies. Investigate and provide solutions for errored accounts.
• 5+ years of accounting experience, including expertise in corporate tax.
• Experience with public accounting highly preferred.
• CPA, CFE, CIA, or other certifications a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
• Knowledge of GAAP and typical internal controls.
• Experience with major ERPs and accounting software is a plus. Excel and PC skills necessary.
• Excellent communication skills; strong attention to detail and process.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously – possess strong organizational skills and time management skills.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.