Blue Signal Search
Our client is a global leader in the sustainable packaging industry, with a commitment to innovation and customer service that sets them apart. They are currently in search of a Process Engineer to join their innovative team.
As a Process Engineer, you will play a vital role in ensuring a safe, efficient, and competitive manufacturing facility. You will work to maintain safety as the top priority while driving improvements in manufacturing operations and processes, directly influencing their competitiveness and profitability in the AFNA business.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary and 10% bonus. Eligibility for benefits immediately; medical/dental/vision, 401(K) 7% match, and more.
• Opportunity to work with cutting-edge automation technology.
• A supportive work environment that emphasizes employee development and work-life balance.
• Company and its facilities have one of the best safety standards in the industry.
• Strong focus on operational excellence, lean manufacturing, and sustainability.
• Opportunity for training and development in order to advance career within – multiple career progression paths.
• Prioritize safety as the top concern in daily responsibilities, respond to production crew needs, and develop and implement process improvements for quality, waste reduction, and increased productivity.
• Actively support the implementation of operation processes as a team member and contribute to various pillars.
• Investigate the root causes of issues that arise, quality concerns, efficiency challenges, and high waste problems, and develop effective solutions using problem-solving techniques.
• Educate machine operators on new equipment installations, modifications, and updated operating procedures.
• Maintain a standard operating system to ensure consistent manufacturing equipment processing.
• Collaborate with plant BPI resources to ensure continuous technical support for production.
• Collaborate with manufacturing management, production/maintenance staff to troubleshoot manufacturing problems and develop corrective actions.
• Collaborate with engineering teams to support equipment updates aimed at ensuring productivity.
• Initiate and document procedure and process changes and updates.
• Lead training of equipment operators on new machine installations, modifications, and updated operating procedures.
• Provide leadership to engineering co-op students based on experience and workload, including performance evaluations, training, and direction of activities.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering with a focus on mechanical, electrical, industrial, or chemical fields.
• 3-5 years of experience in Engineering or any similar field.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to self regulate and work independently.
• Great background of packaging tools and designs, including innovative features.
• Excellent deadline management skills to handle multiple projects and day-to-day process issues.
• Proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, and the ability to quickly adapt to job-specific software.
• In-depth knowledge of manufacturing processes for flexible packaging, including blown film, metallization, flexographic printing, extrusion coating, adhesive laminating, and slitting/winding operations.
About Blue Signal:
As an award-winning executive search firm, Blue Signal has a strong track record of placing top talent in the plastics & packaging space. Our plastics recruiters have deep industry expertise in plastics manufacturing, packaging design, and materials engineering. Learn more at bit.ly/44j0u9w
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.