Principal System Test Engineer - RF/DAS
Number of Openings:
Our client is a leading wireless/telecom OEM developing RF hardware and connectivity solutions. Their wireless hardware and antenna solutions are recognized as some of the best in the industry and include antennas solutions, including LTE, CDMA, MIMO, RF/DAS, GPS antenna lines, embedded IoT technology, and applications customized across many industries.
They are hiring a Principal System Test Engineer to conducts real-world testing and post-processing data analysis. This engineer designs tests for new products to detect product defects and collect performance data. With the support of a large team of engineers and product managers, this person will provide critical product feedback on industry-disrupting antenna and wireless solutions.
This Role Offers:
- Tuition reimbursement program and strong mentorship opportunities.
- Competitive base salary plus annual performance bonus. Benefits package includes medical/healthcare, stock options, and company equity.
- Heavy focus on emerging technology.
- Multiple career path options: able to grow into senior roles with customer involvement or specialized technical roles.
- Engineer-centric culture with a large budget for equipment and support staff. Product life cycle ownership and a high degree of influence.
- Diversified, adaptable RF and wireless solutions portfolio.
- History of success in many industries: wireless/telecom, defense, aerospace, IoT/smart devices, automotive, healthcare, transportation, public safety, stadiums, and Fortune 500 clients.
- High level of influence and freedom within a hands-on workplace culture.
- Hand-picked engineering team with hundreds of patents, and thousands of aggregate design hours.
- The company is profitable and debt-free, expected to double revenue within 5 years.
- Build formal test plans customized to individual product specifications and client requirements.
- Conduct real-world performance testing on a wide range of wireless solutions, including: IoT/M2M technology, connected homes, smart cities, public sector applications, cellular, connected cars, and more.
- Complete test cases in lab and field settings, documenting test results and providing feedback to the product development team.
- Use specialized RF test and measurement equipment (e.g. spectrum analyzer, noise figure analyzer, network analyzer) in the course of new product development and production testing.
- Complete rigorous data analysis and post-processing on test results.
- Document product defects and work with engineering team to recreate issues and develop resolutions.
- Perform product validation and test features and functionality based on customer use cases.
- Collaborate as needed with marketing team on product specs, marketing strategy, and analysis of competitor products.
- 5+ years in a product engineering or field testing role, ideally with a background in wireless product testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or MSEE.
- Excellent technical knowledge of wireless hardware, including antennas, mixed signal electronics, and embedded wireless technology.
- Strong understanding of cellular technology, including:
- 4G/LTE, LTE-A, TD-LTE (time division LTE)
- CDMA and WCDMA networks
- Proficiency with network data collection software (such as TEMS Investigation, Nemo, or Genex Probe).
- Proficiency with post-processing software (such as Actix, Accuver or Gladiator).
- Methodical approach to systems testing, with the ability to design comprehensive process-oriented test scenarios to detect problems early in the product life cycle.
- Understanding of wireless communication theory.