Linux Field Technician
Contract Full Time
Blue Signal Search
Our client is an innovator in IT services space, offering intelligent solutions for the transportation industry. They are hiring a Linux Field Technician to support, optimize, and install the company’s smart transportation solutions.
The Linux Field Technician will work alongside subcontractors to install, monitor, maintain, and integrate both software and hardware products. They will be responsible for responding to technical issues on-site, interfacing with customers to resolve issues.
This Role Offers:
• Comprehensive benefits package including competitive compensation.
• Strong pipeline of state-of-the-art technical resources.
• Team of passionate, experienced, and seasoned professionals at the top of their industry.
• Exposure to new technologies and other emerging tech.
• High visibility within the team and a high degree of influence on projects.
• Strong emphasis on cultural fit and employee satisfaction. Very high average employee tenure.
• Supervise subcontractors and other field technicians to deploy and install software and hardware products. Direct and coordinate the work assigned with respective teams.
• Setup, configure, and generally maintain all Linux systems.
• Use Linux command lines for load testing.
• Support a wide array of customer projects, troubleshooting and resolving installation issues.
• Provide hands-on technical expertise for deploying, installing, and testing network infrastructure components.
• Maintain and optimize network components such as switches, routers, firewalls, etc.
• Open troubleshooting tickets and investigate technical issues both on-site and remotely. Respond and resolve client tickets within JIRA.
• Create and maintain documentation as it relates to service records, system configuration, machine logs, and delivery process.
• Communicate technical solutions with non-technical customers and some technical vendors.
• 3+ years of field engineering experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field.
• Must have strong Linux knowledge, including shell scripting and commands.
• Technical hands-on experience configuring fixed IPs and DCHPs.
• Troubleshooting background with the ability to quickly respond to and resolve incidents.
• Working knowledge of AC/DC power distribution and ability to read electric diagrams and use multimeters.
• Ambitious work ethic with the desire to get others engaged in the larger picture goal.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.