Lead Java Application Architect
Number of Openings:
Our client is hiring a Lead Java Application Architect to head a team of software engineers in developing a platform for an intelligent ecosystem of smart devices and smart infrastructure. The Lead Java Application Architect will build frameworks within the platform that will handle data analytics, billing, and micro-services. This person will have a high level of control over the scope and features within the platform.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus performance bonuses. Benefits include medical/dental/vision/life, 401(K) match, generous PTO, and more.
- Tuition reimbursement and company support for industry certifications.
- Large budget and pool of support resources.
- Highly trained testing team.
- Experienced leadership and a culture of mentorship and innovation.
- High level of control over project goals, process, and software platform features.
- Extensive company experience in project design, engineering, and integration.
- Opportunity to get in at the ground level in a project with heavy funding.
- Gather and interpret system requirements and technical specifications for enterprise-level Java and .NET applications.
- Define application infrastructure and platform architecture.
- Develop and implement n-tier, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and MVP/MVC architecture.
- Contribute to Agile sprint planning, daily stand-ups, reviews, and other meetings.
- Collaborate with other team members on application development, database management modules, and service-oriented architecture.
- Coordinate with testing team to develop plans for system-level testing, debugging, and deployment of applications.
- Oversee UAT / user acceptance testing.
- Support industry best practices for user experience, security, and interoperability.
- 5+ years of object-oriented design and solutions architecture experience, with recent experience as a lead software engineer.
- Background in software design or testing; 24x7 experience is a strong plus.
- Technical stack:
- .NET framework, ASP.NET
- RESTful APIs
- SQL Server and SQL queries
- Agile/Scrum software development methodologies.
- Degree in computer science or a related field.