Blue Signal Search
General Manager – Road Construction Operations
Upgrade your resume prior to applying with resumeandcareerservices.com.
Our client is a highly reputable leader in supplying and contracting road construction projects. They are hiring a Division General Manager (Road Construction), who is highly experienced in the areas of road construction (primarily asphalt), estimating, and project management to manage and inspire day-to-day operations, aligned to business objectives. Our client is looking for an exceptional leader, who can develop and motivate a world-class team.
The Division General Manager will be responsible for providing leadership, direction, P&L management, staff development and cultivating relationships with new and existing customer bases. The ideal candidate will be production-oriented and have a strong background in hands-on fieldwork.
This Role Offers:
• Outstanding company culture with a focus on camaraderie, respect, and lack of bureaucracy.
• Highly competitive base salary, plus comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental, 401(k), etc.
• Exceptionally strong financial standing, and an emphasis on maximizing what they can achieve out of each project.
• Belief in employees as the foundation of the company, providing opportunities, and encouraging growth and development.
• Established, respected company with an excellent industry reputation.
• Strong safety culture and safety performance throughout the company.
• Provide leadership in all facets of asphalt paving, aggregate supplying operations, and the overall direction of the division.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with employees, management, executive leadership, customers, and vendors/contractors.
• Establish project deliverables including scope of work, goals, and deliverables together with internal teams to support business objectives.
• Strategize and monitor scheduling, forecasting workforce needs to meet project completion.
• Identify and recommend resources to reach project goals and manage day-to-day operational aspects of projects.
• Ensure effective coaching/development/performance feedback to all direct reports in order to develop a strong and competent team.
• Develop and implement process improvements, innovative ideas, and cost optimizations to support overall business goals.
• Utilize best practices and execute in a fast-paced construction environment.
• 15+ years of experience in construction, engineering, and/or project management.
• Well-developed people management, motivation, and leadership skills.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field – preferred.
• Project management or engineering certifications, a plus.
• Ability to handle multiple projects including organization, documentation, scheduling, and task completion, ensuring timely and in-budget delivery.
• Strong background in the asphalt paving, concrete paving, mass grading, and/or horizontal heavy highway construction industries.
• Understanding of KPIs and cost engineering as they relate to project management.
• Proven ability to interpret structural, architectural, and mechanical construction documents.
• Knowledge of safety and continuous improvement best practices.
• Strong leadership and communication skills; able to coordinate between departments and with vendors, stakeholders, and customers.
• Confidence in customer-facing aspects.
• Excellent time management, critical thinking, and decision-making skills.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.