Director of Wi-Fi Hardware Design
Number of Openings:
Our client delivers connected devices for the modern smart home. Their outstanding wireless products are renowned in commercial and consumer markets. They are hiring a Director of Wi-Fi Hardware Design to help expand their newly developed IoT Technology team as part of their larger global engineering team.
The Director of Wi-Fi Hardware Design will work alongside the IoT product and engineering teams to drive product development from design to production. They will have independence and control within a start-up type environment through this new IoT team, backed by an established, successful company in the smart home space.
This Role Offers:
- Comprehensive benefits package includes competitive base salary, 401(K), healthcare, perks, and more.
- Team is extremely well funded, and company has a reputation as one of the best in the industry.
- Strong culture of promoting its people internally within the organization. Employees encouraged to create their own opportunities based on performance rather than executive constraints.
- Strong pipeline of support with state-of-the-art technical resources.
- Risk-taking team with a “no fear for failure” type culture. If they fail, they like to fail fast in order to take immediate direction and learn from it.
- Management has deep experience in the IoT industry. Strong commitment to and passion within the space.
- Independence and decision-making power. Team rising in company importance as IoT space becomes more prominent in competitive marketplace.
- High level of influence within the engineering team, with direct access to VP and individual recognition for contributions.
- Strong support for employee development, including skills development, support for side projects, and continuing education opportunities.
- Drive hardware connection architecture for consumer electronics, with a focus on IoT and smart home devices.
- Drive mechanical design from end to end, including developing value propositions and business cases for new products.
- Act as subject matter expert on certifications and requirements for IoT products to meet before hitting the market. This includes Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and FCC protocols.
- Collaborate with firmware teams to support prototype design testing and troubleshooting, and product improvement. Work with factory to bring to mass production.
- Brainstorm with executive leadership on competitor products, the technology landscape, regional trends, compliance laws, and other relevant market data. Suggest applications and innovation for internal use.
- Attend top industry conferences and trade shows targeting IoT, wireless, and consumer electronics.
- 10+ years of experience in technical leadership, including managing teams
- Background in electrical hardware design, including technical development and managing the product lifecycle.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Degree in a related field, ideally electrical engineering or computer science.
- Technical understanding of:
- RF equipment
- Chipsets / embedded systems
- Wireless technologies, protocols, and standards (3G, 4G, LTE/LTE-A, 802.11)
- Can read and interpret designs and simulations in CAD, MATLAB, ANSYS HFSS.