Director of A&E – Telecom, Fiber, OSP
Multiple Locations, US
Number of Openings:
Our client is a global telecom and technology firm specializing in fiber network infrastructure. With over 70 years in the industry, this company will capitalize on the high growth of the wireless space. They are hiring a Director of A&E to oversee the architecture and engineering design team as they execute large specialty projects for major telecom projects.
The Director of A&E has full responsibility for the team’s designs for major projects. They have full P&L responsibility and the freedom to grow the team as they expand into new markets. They will support business development, manage strategy, and oversee multi-million-dollar projects. This person will manage the teams and personnel involved in delivering high-value telecom designs.
This Role Offers:
- Base salary option plus aggressive uncapped commissions.
- Full benefits, cell phone allowance, laptop, relaxed office culture, free lunches, 401(K), and many other incentives.
- Growing company with strong, tenured success record.
- Company well-recognized in several industries for top of the line company culture and benefits.
- Community driven. Gave millions to charitable organizations as an employee giving fund.
- Opportunity to lead team as part of global strategy. High visibility to top executives.
- Chance to be at forefront of technology in the telecom industry.
- High-demand environment is fueling huge growth in the OSP business unit.
- Financially stable, growing company with 70+ years of experience that is expanding into new markets.
- Commitment to high-quality work and employee safety.
- Coordinate major A&E initiatives for telecom customers. Assist PMs in setting scope, schedules, and budget.
- Drive region-wide engineering strategy, growing revenue within small cell and OSP engineering program.
- Manage P&L, including cost control, contracts, profitability, and revenue goals.
- Prioritize safety and ensure policies are implemented effectively within region.
- Assist with vendor selection and coordinate contractors and subcontractors. Support business development initiatives and endorse strategic partnerships.
- Oversee design and engineering team members and act as technical leader and goal-setter.
- Provide design expertise on proposals.
- Make key strategic and tactical decisions on all engineering and technical initiatives.
- Act as a resource regarding telecom industry guidelines, including FCC/FAA regulations and structural considerations for new projects.
- 10+ years of architecture and/or engineering management experience, including heavy experience with projects for the wireless/telecom industry.
- Strong team management experience of large engineering teams. Hands-on leadership style with ability to oversee a project from proposal to completion.
- P&L management experience, and a strong grasp of business development and profit-loss.
- Familiarity with industry standards including FCC/FAA regulations, municipal codes, and more.
- Active PE license preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable engineering field.
- Strong technical understanding of telecom design and construction outside plant, including:
- Fiber Optic
- GIS systems
- HFC network design
- OSP fiber networks (aerial, buried)
- DAS/Small Cells
- Enterprise Wi-Fi
- Good understanding of PMBOK and project management documentation. PMP certification is a plus.
- Strong negotiation, leadership, and cross-functional collaboration skills. Ability to discuss wireless infrastructure solutions effectively with business leaders and make presentations at top industry conferences.