Cloud Software Architect – Smart Home
Number of Openings:
Our client delivers connected devices for the modern smart home. Their outstanding wireless products are renowned in commercial and consumer markets. They are hiring a Cloud Software Architect to help expand their newly developed IoT Technology team as part of their larger global engineering team.
The Cloud Software Architect will design, test, deploy and maintain the back-end cloud for the company’s connected products. They will have independence and control within a start-up type environment through this new IoT team, backed by an established, successful company in the smart home space.
This Role Offers:
- Comprehensive benefits package includes competitive base salary, 401(K), healthcare, perks, and more.
- Team is extremely well funded, and company has a reputation as one of the best in the industry.
- Strong culture of promoting its people internally within the organization. Employees encouraged to create their own opportunities based on performance rather than executive constraints.
- Strong pipeline of support with state-of-the-art technical resources.
- Risk-taking team with a “no fear for failure” type culture. If they fail, they like to fail fast in order to take immediate direction and learn from it.
- Management has deep experience in the IoT industry. Strong commitment to and passion within the space.
- Independence and decision-making power. Team rising in company importance as IoT space becomes more prominent in competitive marketplace.
- Encouragement to innovate. Voices heard. Process and software usage up to debate, and can change based on cases made by employees.
- Manage cloud backend for consumer electronics, with a focus on IoT and smart home devices.
- Drive product lifecycle from end to end, including developing value propositions and business cases for new products.
- Collaborate with engineering, marketing, and R&D teams to support prototype design testing and troubleshooting, and product improvement.
- Brainstorm with executive leadership on competitor products, the technology landscape, regional trends, compliance laws, and other relevant market data. Suggest applications and innovation for internal use.
- Attend top industry conferences and trade shows targeting IoT, wireless, and consumer electronics.
- 5+ years of technical cloud development experience.
- AWS preferred, but not required.
- Technical understanding of wireless and IoT devices, especially for smart home applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field.
- Familiarity with Scrum/Agile methodologies.
- Hunger to work in fast-paced, performance-based environment where growth is set at own pace.
- Strong experience with all facets of enterprise cloud deployment, including:
- Serverless Architectures
- Docker containers
- Software code management tools
- SQL Queries
- Technical proficiency with wireless technologies and cellular app platforms a plus (Android, iOS).
- Strong technical presentation, documentation, and communication skills.
- Travel required.