Technical Lead – DAS, Cellular Solutions
San Francisco - United States
Number of Openings:
Our client is a leading telecommunications company providing cellular communications solutions to the enterprise market. They are involved in the deployment of DAS, fiber, DSP, RF, signal boosters, small cell, WiFi, and other cellular solutions. They are expanding their reach to new territories and are seeking a Technical Lead to oversee the delivery and installation of DAS in the market.
The Technical Lead is a new position backed with expert design teams, knowledgeable salespeople, and solid executive management to help them develop within this new market. They will oversee the installation, commissioning, testing and troubleshooting of DAS wireless solutions.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary and a full benefits package including healthcare/life insurance, 401(K) match, travel expense account, and more.
- Strong company track-record of large contract awards, qualifying business with proven success.
- Access to a competitive marketplace and exciting, innovative projects with the backing of a well-known, established name in wireless solutions.
- Consistent, responsive performance backed by company guarantees.
- Incredible support: tenured, industry-expert engineering, sales, and executive teams.
- Expanding market with the freedom to forge opportunities within several markets.
- Outstanding and self-sufficient post-sales value: top-level field support and top-level deployment customer service.
- Excellent industry reputation within the deployment space; many satisfied big-name customers. Established relationships to run with.
- Participate in the front-running of industry evolvement within public safety, enterprise, cellular connectivity and other wireless solutions spaces.
- Work alongside project management and installation technicians to deliver top of the line wireless equipment installation, design, and solutions.
- Oversee DAS, small cell, and fiber technical projects from proposal to close-out. Set project estimates, timeline, scope, and milestones.
- Hands-on leadership and mentorship of engineering and technical teams.
- Survey, inspect, and test on-site to deliver results and recommendations for improvements, safety, and design.
- Develop proposals and present projects to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Assist in budgeting, inventory, and equipment maintenance as needed.
- 10+ years of wireless engineering experience, with 7+ years of inbuilding DAS installation background.
- Leadership experience in the space with an understanding of budgets, timelines, and an ability to report results and project milestones to leadership and customers.
- Industry background within wireless infrastructure, cable installation, IT, RF solutions and more.
- Knowledge of public safety and construction requirements and certifications in ADRF, Corning, OSHA, or others required.
- Proven expertise in RF testing, PIM equipment, fiber dressing, etc. Certifications a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical degree a plus.
- Intensive experience with connectivity technology, including:
- RF and small cells
- Indoor DAS
- 3G, 4G/LTE, and emerging 5G
- Lean Six Sigma and iBwave certifications a plus.
- The ability to operate independently with ownership responsibility.
- Excellent skills in communication, technical presentations, and contract negotiation.
- Travel required.