Sr. Wireless Foreman (DAS, LTE, 5G)
Number of Openings:
Our client is a top nationwide telecom integrator providing in-building DAS and small cell design and implementation. Their highly-rated scalable network solutions meet the huge demand for top-quality wireless coverage in large offices buildings, airports, hospitals, stadiums, military projects, and convention centers. They are hiring a Senior Wireless Foreman to ensure successful execution of wireless projects.
The Senior Wireless Foreman will oversee construction associated with outdoor DAS and small cell deployments. They have full responsibility for the construction and engineering phases of commercial construction projects. They will coordinate resources, personnel, and vendors and ensure top-quality work from site planning to close-out.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary, annual performance bonus, PTO/paid holidays, overtime pay, 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, flexible hours, company profit-sharing, and more.
- Career advancement and employee continuing skill development opportunities.
- Flexible work schedule and family-oriented culture.
- High employee tenure and a small, tight-knit team environment with a management culture that is highly receptive to feedback.
- Excellent career advancement program and culture of mentorship and internal promotion.
- Opportunity for advanced skills development, including training, certification programs, and tuition reimbursement.
- Company is approved by all major US carriers and has many clients within large commercial venues, hospitals, airports, schools, and the public sector.
- Opportunity to work on many different types of projects, including small cell and DAS, field testing, design, construction, performance testing, surveys, and more.
- Exposure to in-demand technologies in the fast-growing wireless market: small cell, DAS, WCDMA, LTE-U, LTE-A, 5G, and more.
- Manage commercial telecom construction projects from end to end, with a focus on DAS and LTE installations.
- Draft preconstruction technical proposals, schematics, and use a project tracking system.
- Work with design team to finalize realistic deadlines, budget, and contract requirements. Advise on special techniques or equipment necessary for project completion.
- Coordinate bid walk, progress visits, preconstruction walk-throughs, punch walks, and close-outs. Provide reports to management at each phase.
- Manage schedules, team priorities, and project updates. Handle communication between management and construction teams.
- Keep tabs on safety issues, OSHA, and injury risks.
- Collaborate with public utilities providers, contracting teams, engineering team, and vendors.
- Survey final project and determine that it has been completed according to contract guidelines.
- Train, motivate, and oversee tower teams. Approve all work performed and ensure safety.
- 5+ years of experience leading construction projects for the wireless/telecom industry related to RF/DAS, LTE, 5G, and other wireless networking.
- Industry background managing projects for major carriers, MNOs/MVNOs, OEMs, or integrators is a strong plus.
- Rigging and captain tower experience required. Must be experienced in line and antenna system installation and maintenance.
- Technical understanding of:
- Small cell telecom equipment
- Installation protocols
- iBwave designs, blueprints, construction drawings
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field.
- Project budgeting and contract negotiation skills. Comfortable discussing numbers and technical details with vendors, design firms, contractors, internal teams, and management.
- Familiarity with zoning laws, municipal permits, building codes, and ROW. OSHA and climbing safety training required.
- OEM certifications a plus.
- Some travel to client sites.