Sr. Strategic Account Manager (Cloud, AWS)
New York, NY
Number of Openings:
Our client is an IaaS firm that designs and builds scalable virtualized cloud computing platforms. As an AWS Premiere Partner, they have built world-class public cloud solutions for enterprise and SMB business applications, marketing, data management, and data analytics. They are hiring a Sr. Strategic Account Manager to manage top cloud service client accounts.
The Sr. Strategic Account Manager is an account expert who helps clients to leverage the huge ROI opportunity in managed cloud services. They will have access to outstanding marketing tools and resources. Capitalizing on the market boom in their territory, they will market managed cloud and IaaS solutions.
This Role Offers:
- Aggressive base salary, uncapped commissions, performance bonuses. Benefits include medical/dental, PTO, 401(k) match, and more.
- 2:1 ratio of account managers to sales engineers and solutions architects.
- Expense account for wining/dining top customers.
- AWS Premiere Partner and SOC2 compliance certification.
- IaaS agreements with Fortune 500, 1000, and 2000 companies.
- High visibility, direct access to VP of Sales and senior management.
- Industry reputation as a top global provider of managed cloud services: one of the top 5 companies in AWS migrations and top 5 in cloud native applications.
- Company has strong funding and numerous awards, including rapid growth within the Gartner Magic Quadrant.
- Disruptive product offering with high demand at the enterprise level.
- Hands-off, anti-micromanaging company culture with strong pipeline of sales resources.
- Cultivate strong business relationships within key accounts, identifying opportunities with new clients across various industries.
- Identify prospects for managed cloud services. Translate company cloud and IaaS solutions into meaningful business opportunities for these customers.
- Educate enterprise business owners on public cloud solutions, including cloud native applications, AWS capabilities, and design/build services.
- Lead meetings and sales presentations with the key decision-making executives of target customers. Close deals and manage contract negotiations.
- Give product demonstrations and prepare compelling proposals and RFQs to convey value proposition to customers.
- Manage SLAs and customer service strategies.
- 5+ years of experience in senior account management roles, preferably managing enterprise-level long cycle technical sales. History of excelling in sales.
- 3+ years of industry experience within managed services, SaaS/cloud computing, data security, and regulatory compliance for enterprise clients.
- Ability to discuss cloud services technology, including:
- Hybrid vs. private cloud computing models
- Data management and security
- Cloud-native applications
- AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Microsoft Azure
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- Existing executive-level relationships is a strong plus.
- Familiarity with common CRM and sales software.
- Superior professional presence and business acumen; excellent skills in communication, technical presentations, and contract negotiation.
- Travel is approximately 30%.