Sr. Embedded Software Engineer – Medical Devices, Sensors
Greater Boston, MA Area
Number of Openings:
Our client is a top manufacturer and OEM of advanced medical devices and connected electronics. They deliver solutions for a diverse range of healthcare applications, including clinical monitoring, exercise, imaging, safety, and medical instrumentation. They are hiring a Sr. Embedded Software Engineer to develop firmware components for advanced medical devices.
The Sr. Embedded Software Engineer will lead a technical team in developing software/firmware components for biomedical and medical applications. This person will have a high level of control over the scope and features within the devices.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus performance bonuses. Benefits include medical/dental/vision, 401(K) match, and more.
- Opportunity to develop niche skills in the highly competitive medical devices space.
- Diverse, successful portfolio of devices with a wide range of applications for hospitals and doctors.
- Highly experienced leadership with an extensive hardware/electrical background at large enterprises and successful start-up companies, deep technical expertise, and R&D experience.
- Financially stable company with low employee turnover.
- Company is in the middle of a highly successful expansion of its products into international markets.
- Agile and responsive team with an entrepreneurial mindset, backed by the resources of a multimillion-dollar company.
- High level of control over project goals, process, and software platform features.
- Opportunity to work with a highly successful and respected OEM.
- Meet with customers and manufacturing team to gather and synthesize system requirements and technical specifications. Assist in defining project goals, and act as a technical resource.
- Develop embedded software and features for advanced medical devices, including biometric data.
- Oversee software development through the product lifecycle. Conduct system testing, debugging, and issue tracking using JIRA.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional technical team in developing electrical product components, including PCBs and mixed signal hardware/firmware.
- Develop and execute rigorous verification/validation testing strategy to ensure a high level of product integrity and safety.
- Ensure products comply with regulatory requirements.
- 10+ years of experience in embedded software engineering and product design, including commercial product development experience in the biomedical or medical device space.
- Deep understanding of relationship between software and the physical layer. Strong system-level understanding, as well as individual software components.
- Programming languages: C, C++. Python or other languages are a plus.
- Technical proficiencies:
- DSP / digital signal processing
- Data flows for biometrics
- PCBs and electronics schematics
- JIRA or comparable issue-tracking platform
- Master’s degree in computer science or electrical engineering, or bachelor’s degree with additional experience.
- Understanding of security standards and industry best practices for device-level software encryption, secure access, and authentication.
- Strong skills in design, development, verification, and device-level testing.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.