Sr. Customer Engagement Manager (Enterprise Voice/Data, Cloud, Software)
San Jose, CA
Number of Openings:
Our client is a major service provider company expanding its market penetration for voice/data, cloud, and software for enterprise customers. They are hiring a Sr. Customer Engagement Manager to provide technical sales management, conduct negotiations, and assist in closing major deals.
The Sr. Customer Engagement Manager will leverage their technical sales experience to manage the lifecycle of high-profile enterprise sales deals from RFP to hand-off. They will gather business requirements, coordinate technical demonstrations, and interface with executive decision-makers throughout the sales process.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus annual bonus. Benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, company 401(K) match, life & disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, and flexible hours.
- Newly created position with heavy executive support and high level of funding.
- Company will-fund industry certifications and advanced skills training.
- Rewarding work in a high-growth market area.
- Strong pipeline of support with state-of-the-art technical resources.
- Latest software and tools available for simulation, product testing, and R&D.
- Strong culture of mentorship and career advancement through training and promotions.
- Comprehensive compensation package includes: base salary, annual performance bonus, medical/dental/vision, stock options, and other perks. Relocation options available.
- High-profile international trips.
- Resources and budget of a multibillion-dollar company.
- High visibility and leverage – ownership of major tactical decisions.
- Flexible career advancement options.
- Strong company reputation for outstanding project delivery.
- Develop detailed profiles of target customer data and niche market opportunities. Assist business development team with identifying and qualifying ideal prospects.
- Interface with high-level customers across a wide range of industry verticals to gather business requirements.
- Negotiate high-profile deals and contracts. Work with bid team to finalize major RFPs and proposals.
- Ensure large deals meet profitability guidelines.
- Assist business development and customer experience strategy related to the company’s wireless program. Make tactical decisions on major initiatives.
- Align customer experience with company goals for service delivery.
- Deliver technical sales presentations to executives and decision-makers. Coordinate technical demonstrations with sales engineers.
- 6+ years of experience in long-cycle, high-profile technical sales, especially for commercial wireless/telecom solutions.
- Direct experience working for a major US or international wireless service provider.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field; MBA or technical master’s degree is a strong plus.
- Highly experienced in managing high-profile sales lifecycle, including contract negotiations, regulatory compliance, and intellectual property.
- Understanding of the wireless market, including software, cloud-based solutions, voice/data, and more.
- Understanding of operational side and engineering/development side of business processes.
- PMP or another industry PM certification.
- Strong customer-facing skills; comfortable interfacing with decision-makers across a range of industries.
- Excellent problem-solving and creative thinking skills.
- Some travel.