Electrical Engineering Manager (Millimeter Wave, RF, PCBs)
Greater Boston, MA Area
Number of Openings:
Our client solves real-world communications challenges with market-leading electronics and wireless products. Their solutions are internationally renowned within commercial electronics, DAS in-building, signal processing, cellular, 4G/LTE/5G communications equipment, HetNet, wireless, and RF systems. They are hiring a Electrical Engineering Manager with expertise in engineering electrical hardware components for RF equipment.
The Electrical Engineering Manager will work as part of a tightly knit multi-disciplinary team to design and develop RF millimeter wave circuits. As part of the engineering team, this person will have strong influence on development activities from end to end, including conceptual design, development, modeling, simulation, and backend timing.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus comprehensive benefits package, including medical/life coverage, 401(K) match, profit-sharing, performance bonuses, and more.
- Work with a team developing sophisticated commercial wireless products within WiFi, 5G, HetNet, advanced cellular communications, RF solutions, and other advanced network areas
- Engineer-centric work environment within a small, high-performing team with a legacy of success in their R&D projects.
- High commitment to quality – company never underfunds its products.
- Company is profitable with a culture of reinvesting in their employees.
- Excellent industry reputation; company powers the world’s biggest manufacturers.
- Strong, stable company with legacy of building high-grade wireless components and equipment.
- Great learning environment, hands-off management with support when you need it
- High level of influence within the engineering team, with direct access to CTO and individual recognition for contributions.
- Strong support for employee development, including skills development, support for side projects, and continuing education opportunities.
- Design and develop millimeter wave RF solutions for 5G, automotive, radar, and more. Stay involved with projects from concept to hand-off to manufacturing.
- Lead a team of top engineers to build and test prototypes and interpret results.
- Define product specifications and develop 3D models. Conduct board-level design reviews, testing, and simulations.
- Work with the field application engineering team and customers to identify and resolve technical issues.
- 10+ years of experience in RF and mmWave product design, with strong experience in frequencies within 24 to 86 GHz.
- MSEE or PhD.
- Advanced electrical engineering skills, including detailed knowledge of:
- mmWave front-end circuits
- Embedded and real-time systems
- RF equipment
- Understanding of wireless technologies, protocols, and standards (3G, 4G, LTE/LTE-A, 802.11)
- Proficiency with design and simulation software, such as MATLAB, ANSYS HFSS, or Comsol.
- Experience designing for 5G, radar, or automotive is a strong plus.