Outdoor DAS Implementation Manager (Fiber/Wireless Construction)
Number of Openings:
Our client is a leading provider of DAS network design in North America. Their scalable distributed network solutions are designed to meet network capacity demand in indoor/outdoor settings. They are hiring an Outdoor DAS Implementation Manager to manage the construction of a wide network of oDAS and small cells.
The Outdoor DAS Implementation Manager will oversee engineering and operational activities related to large oDAS implementation projects in urban areas. They will oversee project planning, budgeting, risk management, construction, and execution strategy.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary, plus performance bonuses and comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare and life insurance options, 401(K) company match, and other perks.
- Internal resource teams of 20+ direct reports.
- Visibility and direct access to VP-level and C-level management.
- Over $1 billion dollars reserved for operational expansion and capital expenditures.
- Opportunity to manage complex technical wireless projects within top markets using world-class emerging technology and techniques.
- High degree of technical freedom and control over project delivery.
- Highly experienced senior management with heavy experience within telecommunications, wireless, and wireline industries.
- Control over large array of internal/external DAS deployment resources.
- Deployment rights in three-quarters of all US states, including areas of highest growth and densification programs.
- Manage deployment of DAS nodes and outdoor wireless equipment.
- Direct operational teams across service areas for fiber deployments and construction.
- Define goals, set budget, track milestones, assign team priorities, and report regularly to management.
- Oversee scheduling and daily operations of contractors, utilities providers, and field engineers.
- Manage project escalations. Identify obstacles and find workarounds.
- Act as point of contact for vendors, internal teams, executive management, end customers, and contracting teams.
- 5+ years of experience delivering complex technical projects related to outdoor DAS network construction.
- Engineering background, with a focus on telecom, wireless, or wireline/fiber.
- Strong skills in negotiation, problem-solving, and communicating effectively with cross-functional teams, executive management, vendors, and contracting teams.
- Deep technical expertise with relevant technologies:
- OEM DAS equipment, especially oDAS nodes
- Small cells
- Wireless backhaul
- OEM certifications are a strong plus.
- Up to date with markets and industry trends, including government regulation, construction management, and ROW in dense urban areas.
- Proficient in project management software such as Microsoft Visio.
- Strong commitment to safety.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or a related technical field.