Manufacturing Sales Manager – Industrial Products
Greater Chicago, IL Area
Number of Openings:
Our client is a leading manufacturer supplier of industrial products for a wide range of industries, including power transmission, agriculture, manufacturing, oil fields, and civil engineering. Their products are renowned for top quality and the highest levels of customer service in the industry. They are hiring a Manufacturing Sales Manager to handle increased demand for their products.
The Manufacturing Sales Manager will sell from a multimillion-dollar global industrial product suite. As a sales leader, their primary goal is to drive revenue. This person will pinpoint the best solutions to today’s unique market challenges while staying true to the company’s commitment to quality.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus uncapped commissions and performance bonuses. Full benefits package.
- Stable, well-established company in a mature industry; in in business for 50+ years, with several successful acquisitions in the past 5 years.
- Multi-generational family-owned business with excellent work-life balance.
- High employee tenure.
- Products held to a high quality standard, including manufacturing all products to ASME standards, in-house product experts, and comprehensive product testing prior to delivery.
- Team of extraordinarily capable and seasoned professionals at the top of their industry.
- Global manufacturing operations and a product portfolio of over 20,000 products.
- Highest industry recognitions for quality and service.
- Company leadership is open to new ideas and expansion, including product line expansion and international markets.
- Commitment to ethical sourcing: all materials are recycled/scrap or sourced from guaranteed conflict-free mines.
- Board and company management are heavily experienced in the industry, many with 20+ years of industry experience.
- Identify prime market areas where the company can grow: product line expansions, new distribution opportunities, and prospective clients.
- Develop and drive sales strategy for product positioning, market expansion, and international operations.
- Guide sales and marketing program on branding, loyalty, customer pain points, market trends, potential prospect sources, and growth opportunities.
- Report sales performance to management.
- Improve operational overhead through cost-saving initiatives, sound capital investments, inventory control, streamlining manufacturing, supply chain, and warehouse operations.
- Foster new and existing relationships with national and independent distributors.
- 8+ years of experience in technical sales, with an emphasis on metal and molded industrial products.
- Broad vision of market trends covering a wide range of buyer industries: oil/energy, manufacturing, agriculture, industrial engineering, construction, food production, forestry, civil engineering, and manufacturing.
- Understanding of how to grow sales profitability in an increasingly global supply chain market.
- Keen business acumen and the ability to accurately forecast and navigate market challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related technical field, or equivalent experience.