Logistics & Freight Forwarding Branch Manager
Number of Openings:
Our client is an established global logistics services company providing a wide range of services in transportation, freight forwarding, import/export, and more. They have a strong professional reputation from small businesses to multinational enterprises due to their commitment to excellence in service. They are hiring a Branch Manager to manage logistics and freight forwarding activities at the branch level.
The Branch Manager oversees key operational and service activities for freight forwarding and customs brokerage as part of the import/export supply chain. This person plays a critical role in supporting a global logistics network that serves a wide range of industries.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus benefits package, including medical/dental, 401(K) company match, PTO, and more.
- Entrepreneurial ownership of a thriving branch.
- P&L management responsibilities.
- Sales program backed by excellent product portfolio.
- Solutions are consistently rated as the most effective and flexible in the industry.
- Highly successful sales and business development team with strong international strategy.
- Management empowers its employees with resources and tools to creatively solve problems.
- Many opportunities for career advancement and growth.
- Top commercial clients in the international import/export and logistics industry.
- Company with a 20-year history of innovative solutions and top-quality service.
- Manage the business operations of an existing office in the New England area, with a high level of freedom to drive strategy and grow the business.
- Full P&L responsibility for the office. Approve major contracts and set budgets and financial goals for the office.
- Support daily activities within import, freight forwarding, and global logistics.
- Coordinate shipment activities with internal teams, agents, carriers, transportation/trucking, third-party vendors, and other parties during import.
- Run meetings with major clients, prospects, and outside vendors. Build strong relationships with customers.
- Ensure accountability to quality standards, safety standards, deadlines, and budgets.
- Act as an escalation point to resolve challenges and unexpected changes.
- Coordinate with outside departments to deliver documentation, reports, and partner government agency information.
- 8+ years of industry experience in freight forwarding or global logistics (inbound/outbound freight, ocean transportation, air transportation).
- Strong base of knowledge within import/export regulations and customs brokerage.
- P&L management and strong understanding of budgeting and profit-loss reporting.
- Team management experience.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and ability to manage a franchise/branch environment.
- Excellent problem-solving ability and an ability to creatively resolve challenges.
- Negotiation and contract pricing skills.
- Strong deadline sensitivity.