Licensed Customs Broker
Number of Openings:
Our client is an established global logistics services company providing a wide range of services in transportation, freight forwarding, import/export, and more. They have a strong professional reputation from small businesses to multinational enterprises due to their commitment to excellence in service. They are hiring an Import Licensed Customs Broker to assist the team with customs brokerage activities.
The Licensed Customs Broker manages key import/export procedures for their region. This person plays a critical role in helping a wide variety of goods to meet federal requirements and clear customs.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus benefits package, including medical/dental, 401(K) company match, PTO, and more.
- Logistics solutions that are consistently rated as the most effective and flexible in the industry.
- Highly successful sales and business development team with strong international strategy.
- Management empowers its employees with resources and tools to creatively solve problems.
- Many opportunities for career advancement and growth.
- History of excellent relationships with customs and transportation partners.
- Top commercial clients in the international import/export and logistics industry.
- Company with a 20-year history of innovative solutions and top-quality service.
- Manage customs brokerage activities; work with customs to clear shipments of goods for distribution.
- Create and manage accurate documentation: customs entry documentation, client shipment details, exception reports, PGA data, and FDA Prior Notice documentation.
- Resolve stalled shipments and non-compliant requests; communicate closely with customers regarding shipment status.
- Coordinate shipment activities with internal teams, agents, carriers, transportation/trucking, third-party vendors, and other parties during import.
- Manage shipment and customer information in Cargo-Wise.
- Provide customer service and answer questions related to import logistics.
- 3+ years of experience at a freight forwarding or import/export firm, with hands-on experience managing customs brokerage.
- Industry knowledge of the global logistics chain: import, freight forwarding, ocean/air transportation, and distribution.
- Licensed Customs Broker (LCB) designation and HTS classification.
- Knowledge of regulations for customs and import, including:
- CTPAT standards
- Importer Security Filing regulations
- PGA requirements
- Proficiency with Cargowise software.
- Commitment to excellent customer experience and an ability to creatively resolve challenges.
- Strong deadline sensitivity.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.