Lead BIM Designer
Number of Openings:
Our client is one of the top-performing engineering services firm in the world, with an unrivalled industry reputation for delivering some of the most innovative and cutting edge structural engineering projects. Their extensive project portfolio includes innovative hotels, casinos, landmark architecture, state-of-the-art public facilities, and even new smart city technology. They are hiring a Lead BIM Designer to design a range of development projects.
The Lead BIM Designer is a key member of the engineering team, with responsibility for project designs, drafting, and modeling. They will work with top engineers to provide support and outstanding quality for multimillion-dollar projects.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus annual performance bonus. Full benefits package includes medical coverage, 401(K) match, car/phone/laptop allowance, expenses, and more.
- Diverse, high-profile projects, from public infrastructure to luxury resort buildings.
- Extensive client base of prestigious private and public sector projects.
- Company culture of investing in employee through training and continuing education.
- Experienced and knowledgeable reporting manager who is one of the top technical experts in the industry.
- Resources to develop deep technical skills and industry knowledge.
- Small, collaborative engineering team and engineer-centric company culture.
- Freedom over product designs, projects, and technical strategy.
- Lots of support and training resources available.
- Supportive upper management and staff in engineering, customer services, and R&D.
- Regular opportunities to participate in trade shows, industry conferences, and other events.
- Design and model high-rise buildings, mid-rise buildings, foundations, steel and concrete structures, walls, and other commercial structures.
- Conduct structural analysis of models in Revit as part of the BIM process.
- Develop 3D animations for presentations and design processes.
- Assist other team members in the BIM process and improve workflows where possible.
- Lead design review meetings and assist with project proposals and client meetings.
- Coordinate with Principals, Associate Principals, architects, outside vendors, engineering team, and other stakeholders to conduct design revisions and develop execution plans.
- 6+ years of architecture/engineering design experience, including design, drafting, and modeling.
- Degree in engineering, architecture, design, or a related field.
- Strong skills in BIM for architectural design, MEP, structural engineering, and construction.
- Technical proficiency with BIM-related design software:
- Autodesk REVIT and related templates
- REVIT Structure (certification preferred)
- Dynamo Studio
- 3D animations
- Strong understanding of engineering principles and industry best practices.
- Excellent skills in communication, presentations, and project documentation.