Director of Water Resources
Number of Openings:
Our client is one of the top-performing engineering services firm in the world, with an unrivaled industry reputation for delivering critical public infrastructure that keeps the world running. Their extensive project land development portfolio includes innovative flood control systems, major highway design, state-of-the-art water management systems, universities, landmark architecture, and even integrating new smart city technology. They are hiring a Director of Water Resources to lead a team through a variety of storm-water design projects in the Denver area.
The Director of Water Resources will have a high level of responsibility over projects related to new industrial, commercial, roadway and residential development for a range of end clients in the public and private sectors. They will work with a tightly knit team of engineers with decades of combined experience in water resources projects. These projects have a top priority of world-class project execution and quality.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus annual performance bonuses.
- Benefits package includes medical/dental/vision, 401(K) match, and life/disability insurance.
- Outstanding company culture with high average employee tenure.
- Company consistently wins bids for well-known landmark projects.
- Unrivalled industry reputation for delivering excellent results on time, at or under budget.
- Highly funded with large pool of financial resources available.
- Company commitment to staying ahead of the technology curve with software and tools.
- Employee culture of over-performance and high quality standards.
- Advancement opportunities: tuition reimbursement, skills training, and more.
- Oversee water resources design projects, including cost estimate preparation, construction drawings, and design documentation.
- Act as a design and implementation expert and resource for the engineering and project management teams.
- Assist with major proposals and approve project timelines, budgets, scope, and project deliverables.
- Conduct design analysis and calculations as necessary.
- Coach a team of engineers, designers, and project managers, providing training, performance reviews, and tools to improve performance.
- Collaborate with project delivery teams to develop project proposals, estimates, and to convey client requirements.
- 10+ years of experience in drainage design, with a focus on report writing and stormwater conveyance infrastructure design.
- Experience in directing department staff and working alongside a team and senior civil engineering staff on a variety of stormwater projects.
- Background in projects pertaining to roadway, new industrial, commercial, and residential development.
- Prior experience with major commercial design projects is a plus.
- Proficiency with storm sewer design software, including HydroCAD, XPDrainage, Civil 3D and/or Microsoft Project.
- Team leadership and coaching skills, including engineers, designers, and project teams.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in civil engineering.
- Active PE license required.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills.