Director of Industrial Market Research (IoT, Cloud, Telecom)
United States - nationwide
Number of Openings:
Our client is a leading global solutions provider of IoT, cellular, and connectivity services. They are a leader in solutions for enterprises and carriers, and they have a strong professional reputation in the industry due to their commitment to the excellence of their products and continued growth. They are hiring a Director of Industrial Market Research to support marketing strategy and product launches in the industrial IoT space.
The Director of Industrial Market Research will use their expertise in device-to-cloud, IoT, and wireless/telecom to identify the top growing markets for the company’s product offerings. They will deliver “market landscaping” for emerging technology products and new industrial product launches.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus performance bonuses.
- Full benefits package, including medical/dental, stock options, 401(K) company match, and more.
- Enterprise-level funding and resources.
- Travel perks, expense account, company-funded events, and paid entry to top industry conferences.
- Excellent market opportunity: cloud usage is soaring, IoT adoption is growing, and many industries are investing in connectivity.
- Highly supportive leadership with a culture of investing and growing employees.
- Award-winning team with a history of innovative connectivity solutions.
- Premium connectivity product offerings that goes above and beyond the industry standard.
- Debt-free, stable company with experienced leadership.
- Develop marketing strategy for industrial products, including cloud, IoT, and device connectivity. Identify
- Guide marketing team on executing strategy, and personally provide strategy feedback to directors and VPs.
- Build value proposition for target customers, staying ahead of customer needs, goals, and business objectives.
- Identify market gaps and anticipate market demand ahead of the curve. Deliver recommendations regularly to management for new product concepts and features.
- Author forecasting reports and work with management to develop sales objectives.
- Develop sales and marketing objectives, identifying appropriate milestones as part of the planning process.
- Build new relationships with industrial partners and industrial product distributors.
- Turn large datasets into viable marketing strategy.
- 10+ years of experience in wireless/telecom marketing strategy management, with advanced expertise in IoT, M2M, cloud, connectivity, and mobility.
- Extensive experience working with industrial markets, with a strong network of contacts.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Technical understanding of IoT, cellular, and connectivity solutions.
- Excellent relationship-building and sales management skills—comfortable networking with senior executives and directors.
- Up to 25% travel.