Sr. DAS Field Engineer
Number of Openings:
Our client is a nationwide telecom integrator providing in-building DAS, cellular infrastructure, small cell solutions. Their scalable network solutions meet the huge demand for top-quality wireless coverage in large offices buildings, airports, hospitals, stadiums, military projects, and convention centers. They are hiring a Sr. DAS Field Engineer to commission, test, and troubleshoot for large neutral-host DAS projects.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary, annual performance bonus, PTO/paid holidays, overtime pay, 401(k), medical/dental/vision, flexible hours, and more.
- Career advancement and employee continuing skill development opportunities.
- Tightly knit team with experienced managers and certified technicians.
- Strong commitment to employee safety.
- 150+ successful DAS projects and thousands of access points.
- Over 100 combined years of DAS experience.
- Solid reputation in the utilities industry and a commitment to excellent work.
- Company is heavily invested in growing operations and capital expenditures.
- Analyze, commission, test, and troubleshoot DAS for public and private sector customers.
- Work with project manager to complete system changes and upgrades.
- Act as the top technical person of a team of 3-5 people.
- Conduct testing using spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, signal generator, power meter, and more.
- Collect Sweep, fiber, and PIM (passive intermodulation) measurements and data. Perform fusion splicing and OTDR testing as needed.
- Conduct acceptance testing according to client coverage goals and proper integration into the macro cellular network.
- Maintain DAS equipment according to industry performance standards.
- 3+ years of experience in a technician role focused on DAS and in-building wireless systems.
- Experience completing projects for the public sector or military is a plus.
- Proficiency with the following equipment:
- DAS OEM equipment
- Cable (coaxial, fiber optic, CAT 5)
- RF test and propagation tools
- UMTS, GSM, LTE standards
- Industry certifications such as Anritsu, Corning, or EXFO are a plus.
- Able to interpret iBwave designs and construction drawings.
- 80% travel.