Channel Sales Director - Cellular, Bluetooth, Wireless Modules
United States - West Coast
Number of Openings:
Our client is an established wireless solutions company bringing intelligent IoT solutions to the world. They lead the hardware and networking solutions market at the enterprise and carrier levels. They are hiring a Channel Sales Director to take ownership of the distributor program in their growing channel sales team.
The Channel Sales Director will manage the distribution strategy for the Western region. Their product portfolio includes GPS, Bluetooth, cellular technologies, embedded wireless, IoT, and industrial IoT solutions. In addition to developing channel partner strategy, they will meet with distribution customers and high-profile industry executives to promote visibility of the company’s new product lines.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive package: base salary, variable bonuses, incentives, medical/dental, stock options, PTO, 401(K) match, and more.
- High commission opportunities from high-margin, high-profile deals with major distributors.
- Flexibility to work from home, plus attractive travel perks.
- Exceptional market positioning; strong footholds in IoT, advanced cloud technology, M2M devices, chipsets, automation, and other hot emerging tech.
- New role with heavy executive support and a large budget.
- Company has grown and added new product lines through acquisition.
- Sales program backed by excellent product portfolio and solutions that are consistently rated as the most effective in the industry.
- Working and networking with highly desirable commercial clients in the IoT space.
- Award-winning team with a history of innovative solutions since the 1990s. They are first to market with some of the biggest emerging technology products worldwide.
- Customer base includes the most desirable clients in the industry, including major telecom carriers, mobile network operators (MNOs), and large enterprises.
- Company with a 20-year history of innovative solutions. They are first to market with some of the biggest emerging technology products worldwide.
- Lead channel sales team in developing, negotiating, and closing high-level deals B2B customers whose business needs align with wireless product portfolio. Lead the sales team to exceed their quotas.
- Regularly visit with distributors to provide support, sales coaching, and mentorship. Envision new distributor strategies for sales, marketing, and PR.
- Work cross-functionally with pre-sales, ops, product management, and upper management to facilitate large-scale deals and distribution agreements.
- Collaborate with Operations team on lead time, inventory reports, and forecasting.
- Author business plans, sales reports, and quarterly/annual forecasting for distributors. Collect market data and give recommendations to upper management.
- Manage distribution agreements and overall financials. Resolve issues and maintain strong business relationships.
- 5+ years of technical sales or channel sales leadership, with extensive experience in the wireless/telecom industry.
- Engineering design experience is a strong plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering. MBA is a plus.
- Capable of making technical presentations to engineering executives on:
- Embedded wireless, IoT, IIoT
- Strong business acumen that quickly identifies sales and revenue opportunities. Skilled in developing sales, marketing, and PR strategies for distributors.
- SalesForce reports and analytical tools.
- Strong relationship-building skills.