A&E Project Manager - Small Cell & Telecom Infrastructure
Number of Openings:
Our client is a top nationwide telecom integrator providing DAS and small cell design and implementation. Their highly-rated scalable network solutions meet the huge demand for top-quality wireless coverage in large offices buildings, airports, hospitals, stadiums, military projects, and convention centers. They are hiring an A&E Project Manager to support high-profile outdoor small cell projects as part of the company’s telecom infrastructure practice.
The A&E Project Manager is the point-person for carrier-grade small cell projects. This person has the opportunity to capitalize on significant market growth and develop into a VP or director-level manager.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus full benefits: medical/dental/vision coverage, PTO, 401(K) company match, expense account, and other perks.
- Potential to move into a VP or director-level role.
- Outstanding management that has won multiple Best Place to Work awards.
- High-profile telecom projects within a large and thriving nationwide integrator.
- Significant influence for new initiatives, projects, and strategy.
- Strong relationships with major US carriers; many successful bids.
- Open and transparent company culture focused on the highest quality results in the industry.
- Top-of-the-line legal team with consistent success record.
- Pristine reputation within telecommunications, wireless, and wireline industries.
- Develop A&E drawings and designs in AutoCAD for outdoor telecom infrastructure projects, primarily for carrier-grade small cell.
- Ensure strong design elements and structural soundness for new projects. Evaluate electrical power requirements, layout, terrain, elevation, and spatial constraints.
- Contribute to design reviews; finalize designs and structural calculations. Interface with RF engineering team and PMs to ensure that SOWs match client requirements.
- Draft and deliver technical presentations to prospective clients.
- Assist with vendor selection and coordinate contractors and subcontractors.
- Attend bid walk, pre-construction, and other site walks.
- Run meetings with stakeholders and customers to approve A&E aspects of pricing, contracts, schematics, timelines, materials, and project requirements.
- Ensure that designs meet local and federal building codes, zoning, and regulations.
- Build client relationships and deliver regular progress updates. Manage questions regarding project designs.
- 6+ years of experience managing A&E projects, with a focus on DAS, small cell, and telecom infrastructure projects.
- Telecommunications/wireless background with experience delivering designs for major carriers, OEMs, or integrators.
- Strong understanding of the various types of small cells, including femtocells, picocells, metrocells, microcells, and outdoor DAS (oDAS).
- Understanding of telecom infrastructure and equipment, including:
- Telecom structural standards
- Carrier equipment
- FCC and FAA regulations
- Wireless standards for 3G and 4G/LTE
- AutoCAD or another industry-standard design software.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, structural engineering, or telecom engineering.
- Active PE (Professional Engineer) license.
- Excellent negotiation and customer-facing skills.
- Occasional travel to client sites (<10%).