Our client is a top provider in smart devices, wireless products, autonomous robotics, and more for commercial IoT. To support their continued development, they are hiring a Principal Satellite Engineer to take ownership of the development, design, and testing of their commercial satellites.
The Principal Satellite Engineer will be responsible for spearheading design strategy to support satellite lifecycles, from development to production. This role will validate, implement, and test designs for spacecraft bus subsystems.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus comprehensive benefits including medical/dental/vision insurance, 401K match, employee stock purchase program and more.
• Exciting role focusing on data communications innovations and new architectures to push forward the state of wireless technologies for machine learning.
• Highly experienced leadership with an extensive technology background at large enterprises and successful start-up companies.
• Diverse, successful portfolio of solutions with a wide range of applications.
• Company is in the middle of a highly successful expansion of its products into new industry verticals, and entrance into a new wave of technology.
• High level of autonomy in this role, taking part in a lean team where you would be the sole owner of the role – giving you the chance to truly build your career to what you want it
• Own, define, and develop satellite system design and subsystem requirements for spacecraft buses.
• Work cross functionally with subcontractors, providing technical expertise on spacecraft design and acting as a SME on low earth orbit satellites.
• Oversee the development of satellite operations procedures, products, and processes.
• Manage satellite system integration, validation, and testing in regard to communication payloads.
• Collaborate with design teams to review and validate product designs.
• Provide high level oversight to manufacturers and vendors in order to define requirements, guide product roadmaps, and deliver solutions to meet project needs.
• Work closely with internal engineering teams to resolve satellite engineering issues as needed.
• Ensure work is completed on time, within budget, and with proper documentation.
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience, working hands-on with commercial satellites or spacecrafts.
• Strong academic background with a Master’s in Engineering or Physics. PhD highly preferred.
• Thorough understanding of low orbit satellites, spacecraft design, IoT, communication payloads, and relevant specifications.
• Proven experience of managing programs from end to end.
• Able to break down complex problems into actionable steps with measurable outcomes.
• Big picture perspective of how satellites work together and communicate.
• Ability to translate technical concepts to nontechnical audiences.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment with people of varying skills and backgrounds.
• Excellent time management, self-motivation, and proactivity skills.