Blue Signal Search
Our client is a top nationwide telecom integrator providing carrier-grade small cell design and implementation. They are hiring a VP of Sales to take ownership of a growth-focused sales strategy for outdoor small cell, A&E, and underground fiber.
The VP of Sales will develop and refine the current sales strategy within the Americas region. They will bring a fresh vision and toolset to the sales force operating within this territory. This vision for the wireless and wireline market will take advantage of growth opportunities and increase market share globally.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus full benefits package: medical coverage, vacation time, retirement account with 401(K) company match, free travel, expense account, and other perks.
• Opportunity to expand and run a commercial telecom practice within a large and thriving nationwide turnkey integrator.
• High level of influence within new initiatives, major projects, cutting edge technology, and commercial strategy.
• Company is looking at projections of 300% employee headcount growth, as well as 400%+ in fiber project contract acquisition.
• Competitive industry pricing with healthy margins on nodes and fiber.
• Regarded as “People’s Best Vendor” reputation in the industry. This earns them first pick of market share in new build regions, due to their focus on high quality results and strong client relationships.
• Control over large pool of internal/external fiber deployment resources.
• Build and implement long- and short-term sales and go-to-market strategies for company solutions. Develop annual plans for outdoor small cell, underground fiber, A&E, and more; especially within carrier, MSO, and neutral host markets.
• Govern strategy and sales production in the wireless product solution sector.
• Manage and cultivate high-level commercial account relationships.
• Meet and exceed quarterly and annual sales quota objectives.
• Manage direct reports, with a large sales team and additional network of reps, with additional hiring flexibility.
• Bring a fresh outlook and new tools to transform and optimize existing processes and methods across business units, in sales, marketing, finance, and upper management. Unite disparate business units to improve customer experience for large service provider accounts.
• Conduct aggressive prospecting in high-growth markets. Identify new prospects whose business needs align with product offerings, and develop compelling use cases. Understand customer expectations and negotiate contracts effectively.
• Degree level: BSEE or BSCS; MBA preferred with management or technical specialization.
• Deep knowledge of major industry players, carriers, MSOs, neutral hosts, regional and global market trends, emerging and disruptive technologies, and systems/software.
• High-level relationships in verticals such as, wireless carriers (Big 3 + Crown, Windstream), wireline carriers, CATV (Frontier, Comcast, Charter, Dish, CenturyLink, Lumen), and/or electric utility is a must.
• 10+ years of experience in the wireless communications industry with extensive high-level sales experience and ownership over large-scale initiatives and large commercial accounts.
• 5+ years of experience managing direct reports and complex cross-functional teams. Skilled as both a Sales Manager and a Hunter.
• Previous knowledge and/or experience selling small cell and fiber services in the communications space or ability to quickly learn on the job. Experience selling dark fiber a plus.
• Moderate to high skill level on APQ in regarding to hunting.
• Technical awareness and thought leader of wireless technologies, A&E, dark fiber, RDOF, and 5G applications.
• Understanding of commercial pricing, P&L, impact analysis, and business management is a strong plus.
• Experience in B2B process engineering and implementation across an organization, a plus.
• Extremely motivated mindset and drive for success.
• Excellent written and verbal communication; comfortable delivering presentations to C-level executives and high-profile commercial clients.
• Share vision for the future of SaaS within the telecom space. Previous experience or knowledge of Challenger Sale concepts, a plus.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.