VP of Operations – Fiber Deployment
Wireless & Telecom
Full Time Regular
Blue Signal Search
Our client is a top nationwide telecom integrator providing carrier-grade small cell design and implementation. Their highly rated scalable network solutions meet the huge demand for top-quality wireless coverage in large venues. They are looking for a VP of Operations specializing in fiber deployment to ensure the successful execution of construction assignments.
The VP of Operations will oversee construction projects from bid to close-out, providing leadership to the construction team. The company is facing high demand for wireless design and engineering, so this person could capitalize on huge market growth within the next few years.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus full benefits package: medical coverage, vacation time, retirement account with 401(K) company match, free travel, expense account, and other perks.
• High level of influence within new initiatives, major projects, cutting edge technology, and strategy.
• Company is looking at projections of 300% employee headcount growth, as well as 400%+ in fiber project contract acquisition.
• Competitive industry pricing with healthy margins on nodes and fiber.
• Regarded as “People’s Best Vendor” reputation in the industry. This earns them first pick of market share in new build regions, due to their focus on high quality results and strong client relationships.
• Company culture of investing in its employees through career advancement and continuing education, plus top-level industry coaching from best-in-the-business leadership.
• Company is heavily invested in growing operations and capital expenditures to meet high market demand for large-venue projects.
• Responsibility over all aspects of several telecom construction projects.
• Operational responsibilities include P&L, budget creation and enforcement, scheduling, delivery, and team/talent development. Respond to RFPs.
• Ensure projects meet design specifications and compliance. Regularly investigate new practices in construction and re-evaluate for process refinement.
• Define scope and goals, set and track milestones, assign team priorities, and report regularly to executive management.
• Develop, manage, and provide insights on department KPIs to ensure proper team achievement.
• Manage and cultivate high-level relationships while working and meeting cross functionally with vendors, contractors, suppliers, accounts, carriers, and more.
• Provide strong top-down support to build a high-caliber environment, including teambuilding, individual development, and leadership organization for contracted and full-time employees.
• Organize proper trainings for employees and ensure safety standards and production compliance is met.
• 10+ years of experience in the telecom industry including direct work with construction underground and aerially. Experience in engineering preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in management, technology, or related field. Master’s a plus. Relevant prior experience may equate to required education.
• Experience managing construction and field operations teams and overseeing multiple projects over a vast area with a tactical mindset. Able to successfully mitigate complex problems.
• Relationships with subcontractors or other external personnel, with ability to leverage community of retailers and knowledge of permits and overall cost.
• Experience predicting aerial as well as underground construction timeframes and anticipate potential issues that could hinder the timeline.
• Extensive background in profit & loss, estimation, bidding, and proposals.
• Strong technical background in innovative construction processes and equipment related to the telecom industry.
• Knowledge of relevant safety and work procedures.
• Strong team leadership skills – can effectively manage complex teams made up of internal employees, contractors, construction teams, engineers, vendors, design firms, executive management, and municipal representatives.
• Understanding of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.