Blue Signal Search
Our client is a leader in the community infrastructure industry. They are creating smart communities across the country by developing and installing open access fiber-optic networks. They are looking to hire a VP of Infrastructure Services to lead teams in fiber-optic network and cloud operations in dense urban areas and infrastructures.
The VP of Infrastructure Services will lead network engineering and operations teams in delivering large scale networks and advanced infrastructures that meet clients demands. They will bring an innovative approach to advance cloud and network operations and service offerings. This role will play a key role in building and cultivating excellence in the networking engineering and operations culture.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus outstanding benefits package including medical/dental/vision, immediate eligibility for 401K match, paid vacations, holidays, and more.
• High employee tenure with low red tape culture. They hire professionals and trust their expertise, giving them room to make tangible impacts within a startup environment.
• Company has strong financial standing and investment backing as a startup offering generous equity benefits.
• Opportunity to play a leading role in large infrastructure projects and interface with some of the largest telecom clients in the nation.
• Extremely mission driven company focused on supporting the vitality of communities.
• Company on the cutting edge of innovation, with processes dedicated to creating new products as well as supporting current ones.
• Oversee all aspects of the vision, design, and deployment of cloud infrastructure, including compute, storage, and network systems for cloud hosting.
• Provide strong leadership and direction related to cloud network delivery by providing the tooling and capabilities needed to enable cloud strategy.
• Establish key KPI, strategy, and processes to ensure the success of private and public cloud operations.
• Lead process-improvement efforts and manage the implementation of both business processes and technical solutions.
• Work with current vendor stakeholders and partners to develop and deliver strategic plans.
• Develops opportunities for cross-team effectiveness and remove organizational barriers for strong teamwork, collaboration, and excellent service delivery.
• Manages budgeting and forecasting, planning, deployment, incident, and problem and change management.
• Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
• Bachelor’s degree or above in relevant field.
• 10+ years of experience managing teams and delivering network technology on a global scale.
• 10+ years of hands-on cloud implementation experience; public and/or private.
• Hands-on knowledge of cloud computing and familiarity with fiber-optic network equipment.
• Detailed understanding of routers, switches, ethernet, circuits, LAN-WAN, and other fundamental technologies involved in network design.
• Experience working with Linux/UNIX, Docker.
• In-depth understanding of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) practices and frameworks.
• Strong ability to drive best practices across cross functional teams.
• Excellent project management skills and ability to work to deadlines successfully managing multiple business-driven initiatives.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, comfortable speaking with C-level executives and decision-makers.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.