Blue Signal Search
Our client delivers connected devices for the modern smart home. Their outstanding wireless products are renowned in commercial and consumer markets. They are hiring a VP, Engineering & CTO to oversee the engineering and technology teams while providing strategic leadership.
The VP, Engineering & CTO will serve as a key member of the executive team and will be responsible for driving the technical vision and strategy. This role is equal parts strategic visionary and executor.
This Role Offers:
• Comprehensive benefits package includes competitive base salary, company match 401(K), performance bonuses and commissions, healthcare and life insurance, perks, and more.
• Team is extremely well funded and has a reputation as one of the best in the industry.
• Strong culture of promoting its people internally within the organization.
• Family-oriented culture and great work-life balance.
• Strong pipeline of support with state-of-the-art technical resources.
• Winning culture and high employee tenure.
• Company has been deeply involved in disrupting communications technology since inception.
• Management has deep experience in the IoT industry. Strong commitment to the space.
• Independence and a hands-off work culture with no micromanaging. Flat organization.
• Provide strategic and operational expertise to help scale up the business and execute vision/priorities.
• Make tactical decisions on all technical initiatives. Oversee technical and engineering teams as the top technical leader and goal-setter.
• Act as strategic partner to functional leaders in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Project Engineering, Compliance, DevOps, etc.
• Develop and cultivate strong relationship with key stakeholders to drive the planning and execution of vital strategic and operational goals.
• Identify optimal path for new product deployment and work with the Technology, R&D, Product Management, and Marketing teams on go-to-market execution.
• Support and create space for innovation, improving efficiency to provide the team with more time and power to design.
• Translate business into technical strategy and focus on increasing productivity.
• Ensure design and specification compliance with regulatory and governing bodies.
• 10+ years of engineering experience in a management capacity. Manufacturing industry experience preferred.
• BSEE or higher required. MBA a plus.
• Strong technical background within the connectivity or IoT space.
• Technical understanding of wireless and IoT devices, especially for smart home applications.
• Technical proficiency with wireless technologies and software platforms (IoT, mobile devices, WiFi, Bluetooth, etc.)
• Strong technical presentation and communication skills; comfortable talking to engineering teams, PMs, vendors, and C-level and director-level executives.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.