Blue Signal Search
Our client is a major player in the dairy nutrition industry. They are hiring a Technical Services Director to lead the company’s technical nutritionist and customer support teams. This person will take charge of a thriving nutrition brand and help expand to reach their ultimate goal – creating better economics for their customer’s businesses.
The Technical Services Director is responsible for supporting internal and external teams deliver best-in-class customer support. They also work with R&D teams to constantly innovate to meet market demands and the newest findings to ensure theirs is the highest quality and return product on the market.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary, plus comprehensive benefits and long-term incentive plans.
• The chance to work in a mature market from a smaller-company perspective – giving you the opportunity to cut through more red tape, move vertically, have a hand in decision-making, and shape your position within the business.
• Company expected to double to triple in size within the next 5 years.
• Management team that supports overall growth – employing the view that in order to grow as a team you must work and be rewarded as a team.
• State of the art research, development, engineering, nutrition, and testing support to ensure business units are current with findings, developments, and best practices.
• Customer-oriented business that seeks to genuinely help people and their businesses reach peak performance.
• Clear definition of success supported by achievable goals from the onset.
• Workplace made of true innovators who have carved their names into the market. Leading belief that reputation is everything.
• Work closely with dairy team including nutritionists, marketing, sales, analysts, and support staff to deliver the best nutritional solutions, technology, and services to customers.
• Answer product inquiries and display compelling pitch given extensive metrics and product knowledge as it pertains to the customer’s needs.
• Work with customers on formulations and help troubleshoot as needed.
• Service and support established accounts with product extensions, renewals, etc.
• Maintain database with current customer information and company metrics. Work with recharacterization within software.
• Lead team made up of research, quality control, sales, marketing, and lab professionals to follow procedures and to keep current on latest product specs.
• Communicate product value prop to customers and staff, including nutrition concepts, how they fit into rations, and more. Position these benefits against other key players in the market through deep industry knowledge.
• Lead approval for new product line extensions and rollout as developed. Oversee all R&D.
• Maintain relationships with customers and VARs to gain deep understanding of their needs and provide insight into how to manage those diets.
• Conduct training webinars, with occasional on-site visits and demos. Solicit feedback through key account visits.
• Ensure strategic and operational plans are being executed and deployed in a timely, successful manner.
• Organize training and best-practice sharing within the business to make sure all relevant team members have the necessary knowledge to successfully position ruminant portfolio.
• 5+ years of experience in nutrition, specifically dairy/ruminant nutrition. Preferable background in commercial side, academic experience accepted.
• Strong background in product development and applied animal research.
• Extensive customer-facing skills. Must effectively communicate with vendors, nutritionists, customers, and internal teams to meet mutual needs.
• Master’s degree or PhD in related field preferred.
• Leadership experience required within product development functions.
• Deep understanding of dairy feed and nutrition industry. Ability to speak to major players, developments, and innovation.
• Ability to weigh out and identify the best solutions given many variables.
• Proven innovation development and deployment experience within previous job function.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, with care given to each. Strong attention to detail.
To apply for this job please visit bluesignal.com.