Full Time Regular
Blue Signal Search
Our client is a leader in the entertainment/media industry, specializing in visual effects for movies and television. They are hiring a Systems Administrator to oversee all aspects of installation and maintenance of their macOS, Linux, and Windows based servers.
The Systems Administrator will be responsible for installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading servers and network equipment. The ideal candidate will apply the necessary technical expertise for effective and efficient use while communicating with peers, customers, and leadership.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus comprehensive benefits package.
• Work alongside a team of experienced, creative artists looking to transform the capabilities of the visual effects industry.
• Company seeks to create a supportive and inclusive environment where all can thrive.
• Culture of integrity, high performance, and innovative ideas.
• Tightly knit and results-focused team with a strong work-life balance.
• High visibility within the team and a high degree of influence on projects and company strategy.
• Setup, configure, generally maintain, and troubleshoot Linux, macOS, and Windows systems including switching, routing, firewall management.
• Work closely with users from point of install through updates, trainings, problem solutions, and maintenance of networking equipment.
• Troubleshoot and support hardware and software for network install, commission, deployment, and maintenance. Document solutions and recommend improvements.
• Communicate technical solutions with non-technical customers and some technical vendors. Interface with office staff regarding product changes, inquiries, demonstrations, and QC.
• Maintain high employee satisfaction by assisting with network technical support, escalating issues as needed.
• Document process and procedure followed in day-to-day operations.
• 4+ years of sever/system administration experience. Background in the entertainment or media industry beneficial.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical discipline preferred.
• Must have strong networking background with managed switches, firewalls, and routers.
• Strong experience with Linux, macOS, and Windows server administration required.
• Prior experience in Active Directory administration and configuration.
• Solid basis in systems management automation using industry-standard and open-source tools.
• Technical understanding of TCP/IP management, VLANs, subnetting, cloud platforms, and virtualized environments.
• Industry certifications (CCNA, A+, RHEL) a plus.
• Excellent customer service skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with users.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Innovative problem-solving skills with the ability to find solutions without scripted guidance.
• Willingness to take on challenges, research solutions, and see through to resolution.
• Knowledge of regulatory standards and best practices for security.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.