Blue Signal Search
Our client is a manufacturer of consumer packaging that has supported customers nationwide for over 20 years. They are hiring a Supply Chain Specialist to play a key role in providing planning and supply chain operations analytics with a focus on vendor relationship management.
The Supply Chain Specialist will work closely with internal inventory partners, local operations teams, and international suppliers to support the business by executing orders, setting up accounts, and mitigating delivery/logistics issues that may arise. They will also leverage procurement and supply chain skills to negotiate contracts and pricing with vendors to create optimal opportunities for the company.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary, plus a comprehensive benefits plan.
• Culture of mentorship and promotion. Many career advancement paths and support for training and certifications.
• Strong record of corporate responsibility, environmental sustainability, employee safety, and employee care.
• Opportunity to work on company’s largest projects and create a true impact on overall efficiency for the procurement function.
• Industry experience in a stable, tenured company that is a staple in the packaging marketplace.
• Team of capable, experienced, and seasoned professionals at the top of their industry.
• Very high average employee tenure.
• High degree of freedom to refine sales and marketing processes.
• Large pool of financial resources and software tools.
• Communicate with multiple international vendors to negotiate costs, track deliveries, and manage agreements and payments.
• Research and vet potential vendors. Establish and maintain profitable relationships with vendors by resolving vendor conflicts and performance issues.
• Lead the analytical processes required to provide insightful recommendations to Sales & Supply Chain leadership, multi-functional project teams, and business units related to corporate or customer related projects.
• Drive strategic sourcing activities in partnership with corporate resources to reduce overall supply chain costs.
• Maintain continuity of supply by replenishing and conducting procurement activities for a global portfolio of consumer packaging items.
• Identify replenishment and procurement improvement opportunities and work with suppliers and/or internal stakeholders to implement solutions
• Ensure compliance with applicable standards and internal policies and controls for contracts and procurement.
• 5+ years of Supply Chain or Procurement experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Operations, Economics, or related field.
• Background in manufacturing or packaging industry a plus.
• Strong communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally.
• Phenomenal interpersonal skills – ability to engage with people in-person and over the phone.
• Ability to travel 25%, both domestically and internationally.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.