Blue Signal Search
Our client is a comprehensive substance abuse treatment facility, offering a multidisciplinary atmosphere conducive to their patient-centered philosophy. They are hiring a Substance Abuse Counselor to offer supportive care for outpatient services to clients with addiction and co-occurring disorders.
The Substance Abuse Counselor is responsible for monitoring and assessing client behavior within the facility in order to coordinate treatment within a team setting. This individual should have a background in a drug/alcohol rehabilitation setting or possess prior mental health therapy experience.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive wage plus great benefits package – medical/dental/vision, 401(k) match, etc.
• Work alongside a team of strong medical professionals driven by high performance and quality customer care.
• The friendly and pleasant culture emphasizes the impact each employee can make on the lives of clients as they inspire and empower change.
• Work to provide the motivation, tools, steps, and community that will produce lasting outcomes.
• Culture of integrity, high performance, and quality customer care.
• Collaborate with the treatment team to formulate the master treatment plan and formulate new approaches as needed.
• Conduct interviews and maintain observation, assessing and tracking progress and client history.
• Administer and facilitate therapeutic activities and treatment for patients in one-on-one or group sessions.
• Stay up to date on and review coding updates, documentation changes, and specific guideline additions to ensure compliance with procedures.
• Prepare reports, statements, and analysis to assist teams in assessing risk and strategy. Maintain appropriate paperwork.
• Maintain excellent documentation for all activities.
• Mentor and train team members on best practices in counseling and skills necessary to assist patients in treatment.
• Make referrals as-needed utilizing case-management services performing necessary follow-ups.
• 1+ years of clinical experience in mental health or rehabilitation treatment for individuals or groups.
• Must possess one of the following credentials: CAC II/III, LAC, CSC-AD, CAC-AD, LGPC, LGSW.
• Master’s degree preferred.
• Behavioral background and outpatient treatment program experience a plus.
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to engage and effectively communicate instruction.
• Ability to stay current on substance abuse counseling best practices and methods.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.